Oh the frustration!

Finished work late on Friday before heading north to pick up the new boat. Trip took a lot longer than anticipated and we finally got to the motel at midnight.

Saturday morning we meet the (ex) owner and get the boat  from the mooring, only to discover there's a fishing comp on, and the boat ramp area is chocka full of trailers.

Eventually we get the boat out and find that demounting it takes a lot longer than anticipated. We chose to do this rather than folding because there are a lot of tight windy roads in the far north, and this keeps the centre of gravity a bout a metre and a half lower.

Boat tows beautifully, so the drive is fast and comfortable. :wave:

Unable to find any accommodation on the drive south we end up coming all the way home, and  when I walk around the car the mast heel has somehow vibrated itself out of the mast and disappeared. 

So after all that, I STILL can't go sailing today!!!!  :mad:

It's a one off part, but I'll get a simplified version made tomorrow. Pretty much just a hinged base. The one that came off was supposed to rotate, but the mast section is almost circular so I don't think it will make much difference. 

That said, it is basically just a upturned channel with a 10mm pin sticking up. The hinge pin goes through the sides of the channel, and the fixed pin goes into the base of the mast. A teflon washer between them should allow some rotation, should it prove to be beneficial.