Too much power, ya what?

just picked up a comment by LE at the press conference when he was asked what's the coolest boat he's raced on. He suggested USA-17 because of how much power it generated, how (comparatively) easy it was to trim the wing and how because it was so easy to trim, how much easier it was to drive harder. That's pretty much what I thought - wonder if he'll let me have a crack on the helm just to be sure!

Interesting that it could all have come down to the speed that they could trim it. Finally watched the whole thing and I agree with your assessment, BMW much smoother directionally so assume it was coz they could trim rather than steer.

The website is reporting this

The final race will be replayed on Feb 14 from 22h00 local time (CET). It will then replayed every 3 hours (i.e. at 01h00 am, 04h00 am, etc…) Enjoy !

I've used 3 media over the last few days: Telecom at home, surfspot wireless at the marina and vodafone mobile out on the water. All generally OK although the wireless and mobile connections sometimes struggled a bit. Hence when at home last night instead of using wirless I plugged in to cable. No hiccups.

Odd, must be your connection, I watched it fine live with virtually no buffering at home via wireless or cable.

Just turned everything off, and left it off for 10 mins, then powered up the modem and computer again.

Still buffering - for 8 minutes now . . . and I was hoping to catch the 1pm re-run :x

Thanks Guys - because of your feedback I finally called vodafone - it seems they had capped me and i have been running on dial up since midnight!!!!

I told the guy that I had been up all night trying to watch it and had no sleep, and girls are not nice when they have had no sleep, and they sorted it. :D Yay.

Seems I had used just under 3 gig yesterday, so i was capped for 24 hours.

watching now :D

You might want to change your plan!

Also, check that you didn't get pinged for extra charges once you had hit dialup speed. I once did that inadvertantly with Telecom and got the double insult of downloading huge amounts of data at snail pace AND paying extra 'fines' for each Mb - got a bill for $1,700 for one month's usage at snail pace!

So I changed my plan!

AC - see other forum re Dirk de Ridder but in particular

"When you do the mainsail, most of the loads going into the boat come from the main sheet, so that has all disappeared now [with the solid wing] because we don’t have any mainsheet load.” From more than 20 tonnes, de Ridder says that with the solid wing sheet loads rarely hit 3 tonnes. They have gone from operating the mainsheet from a top of the range primary with a 7:1 purchase, to a 2:1 on the equivalent of a pit winch.

Archived