8.5 Class Meeting

Talk Talk Talk. What a load of unnecessary tripe. The decission was made at the begining with the air draft height and there was a lot of debate. It is a class so sail to the rules don't try and change it to suit yourself. If you want to do what ever you like there is already a division for that. It is called the open division.

I was dead against the short height at the begining and had pleanty to say. The height was set by a group of people. I now accept that it is that height and if I had a remote bit of intrest in the class would build to the rule and not argue. However for fat pricks like me we need to sail on boats with more power so hence I sail in the open division. One 8.5 owner decided they want more power so have bought another boat instead of trying to change everything.

I think the meeting would be better spent discussing how you are going to get more boats sailing than are currently. Unfortunately the GBE's are so far of the pace compared to deeds and couple of others it will be dificult to get people sailing if they are going to get smacked every time. just look at race track to see how far apart the 8.5's are. that is what needs to be sorted out.

peace!!

anyone know what the rental on the new pontoon berths on x pier is going to be worth?

funny you should ask - I just got sent a note from the council advising an increase in the day rates. A 10mCAT berth is just $27 a day inc. GST or $9612pa! Of course 10m is the 'Extreme length' - tip of prod to back end of transom hung rudder so if you can't be bothered retracting your prod they want another fiver a day for the privilage! For comparison a 10m mono berth is only 16per day.

They actually advertise an 8mCAT berth as well - for those of you who fancy berthing your F18!

SOME PRETTY USEFUL SUGGESTIONS LAURIE

"There should be a prize for 1st 8.5 on line every Wednesday night race".

-SOUNDS LIKE THIS IS HAPPENING

"The goal for the future should be to always have a separate 8.5 division or separate results, always on line".

-WEDNESDAY NIGHT RACES WILL HAVE SEPARATE RESULTS (SAME START)-WORKING ON THE OTHERS

"Berthing, I believe this is being looked at stern to along X pair, should try to make it 8.5 exclusive." -$9000? A YEAR, NOT MANY 8.5 OWNERS CAN AFFORD THAT

Laurie- Lucifer

anyone know what the rental on the new pontoon berths on x pier is going to be worth?

funny you should ask - I just got sent a note from the council advising an increase in the day rates. A 10mCAT berth is just $27 a day inc. GST or $9612pa! Of course 10m is the 'Extreme length' - tip of prod to back end of transom hung rudder so if you can't be bothered retracting your prod they want another fiver a day for the privilage! For comparison a 10m mono berth is only 16per day.

They actually advertise an 8mCAT berth as well - for those of you who fancy berthing your F18!

Ouch! Of course we deserve to get ripped, the council view is that all boaties are rich and should subsidise crap for the rest of the population.

And of course if you own a cat that's the same as 2 boats really so lets get right into you. :D

Is the 8.5 an awesome boat or what!

The SSANZ Simrad at the weekend was fantastic. With winds of 52 peak/41 avg at Bean Rock it really showed what range of conditions these boats can handle.

Let’s put this mast height thing to bed and spend our time promoting the class.

Personally I say leave it as it is.

As you can see from the picture Deeds already has too much mast height anyway! :lol:

5002580189_4bdb081c61_b.jpg

Dirty Deeds to windward by Clive Wright, on Flickr

SOME PRETTY USEFUL SUGGESTIONS LAURIE

"There should be a prize for 1st 8.5 on line every Wednesday night race".

-SOUNDS LIKE THIS IS HAPPENING

"The goal for the future should be to always have a separate 8.5 division or separate results, always on line".

-WEDNESDAY NIGHT RACES WILL HAVE SEPARATE RESULTS (SAME START)-WORKING ON THE OTHERS

"Berthing, I believe this is being looked at stern to along X pair, should try to make it 8.5 exclusive." -$9000? A YEAR, NOT MANY 8.5 OWNERS CAN AFFORD THAT

Laurie- Lucifer

That's it!! you tossers need to get your head out of each others arse!! You crap on about this great class yet you struggle to get 4 boats regularly sailing. You want your own starts and have four different boats sailing each weekend. You want exclusivity in the marina with only four boats racing and don't want to pay exclusive rates for exclusive berths. you guys are in cookoo land. without regular boats sailing you are not going to get any of these things. By spouting off about things like exclusive berthage all you are doing is driving up the price as westhaven now see supply and demand. All that happens is the price goes up and you cheap 8.5 owners go "oh it too expensive now". All you are doing is ruining it for every one else and yourselves. Just stop fecking around and go yachting after all that is what the boats are made for!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

f*ck off tug I thought you weren't interested in the class no one needs to hear this verbal bullshit.

I was dead against the short height at the begining and had pleanty to say. The height was set by a group of people. I now accept that it is that height and if I had a remote bit of intrest in the class would build to the rule and not argue.

peace!!

Guest Saturday Night Special

Guys looking from the outside as a monohull builder and designer this is the best set of rules I have seen outside restricted dinghy classes in the southern Hemisphere in my opinion if it isnt broke dont fix it I would like to see a similar set of rules for under 30 ft mono's Great stuff!

Archived