AC races 5 and 6

To me the boats look very similar in performance - more similar than before, but even then the difference was marginal. Today we saw Oracle sail pretty poorly in the first race, and well in the 2nd. It really is a boat race, and the team that sails best will win. I don't agree with the press that we had a large speed advantage before, thats now gone. Its all small....

Still confident, but a bit nervous....

Good on Peter Burling for poking the bear at the press conference! Got a snap too. It doesn't seem like his style, but I hope he has more.

Shifty day and having regained the lead covering would have been the go in latter stages of R 2. I know you have to be brave but win it 1st.

I don't do Facebook but opened the link to ETNZ page and a poster noted that Oracle removed something from the boat immediately

after race 2. Anybody know anything??

I'm assuming it was something other than a strutting Aussie helmsman.

I would have thought ETNZ would have the advantage in a covering situation - perhaps even forcing Oracle to run out of hydraulics?? Really down speed tacks or gybes cost several hundred meters.....

What boards did both teams have on today?

The footage on sky is just rubbish. Didn't get any descent shots of ETNZ"'s boards today.

Almost any time something interesting happens they do a close up, parrot cam or just pan to the f**king crowd (both of them).

Very hard to follow the race when they never actually show both boats and the course.

They never show mark roundings from off the boat now, and any time a situation develops, descent cross of something, they are showing some pointless close up of some guy panting over a grinding pedestal or such like

• Upvote 1