Race 2

Megwyn

From the latest news on the AC website:

After losing Race 1 on Friday, in the best of three race series, Defender Alinghi are in a must win situation as they approach the second contest, the 39 miles triangle course which is scheduled for Sunday.

Cool, blustery offshore breezes prevailed through Saturday around Valencia’s Marina Real Juan Carlos 1 but they are forecast to give way to a gentler SE’ly wind which might allow an early afternoon race, what may be the final showdown of the 33rd America’s Cup match.

The start to Race 2 has been postponed for two hours to around midday Sunday

I don't quite understand. "best of three" and yet it seems BMW-O only need to win one more race. I thought best of three meant they had to Win three. So for instance, BMW-O could have won two in a row and then Alingi could win the following three races and take the cup.

16:53

Around start the wind was at 100 degrees at the windward mark now it is at 120 degrees, and it has been to Alinghi's gain now is at 450 metres. Breeze is backing again very slightly, back to 115 degrees.

16:51

Wind at the top mark is still around 7 knots at the windward mark, and a little more at the gybe mark. Alinghi weather team may have got this one right with their choice of the right, 20 degree lift.

16:46

Alinghi now 150 metres ahead and lead is growing very slowly, smaller Solent jib on today and seems to be better set up than Friday.

more here

http://www.americascup.com/en/regate/re ... /show.html

Yeah Email everyone in the world watching the race and tell them to log off for a bit. :wink: That's the big problem with watching something popular on line.....well as I understand it anyway.

hahaha - well I think I got about 3 mins total coverage of the race in millisecond snatches of video. Very frustrating. Looks like it was a fantastic race. Will have to watch reruns.

Even now it is not running smooth, and I have done everything I can to ensure it is not my computer making the problem. It is squeaky clean now lol.

Archived