Vor 2017

Mr. Tuke has himself some bragging rights - and the others too of course. 

Pretty different from AC racing !! 

And then there is the Sailing Triple Crown - winning Olympic Gold, the America's Cup and the VOR. 

Never been done, but he's got a chance . .

I don’t get it? What’s not to enjoy? I guess if you’re not into yacht racing as a spectator it might be a bit distant.

I’ve enjoyed the in port coverage and the starts. These are big boats being raced around the cans. The racing in the southern ocean was more interesting than most whitbreads when a boat with better design would clear out early. The pass with 800 miles To go was nice to observe.

I think the trip to HongKong is going to be fascinating as it will be (should be) very tactical.

The only thing that ruins it for me is that they all use the same routing software so it can be a bit follow the leader.

• Upvote 1

I'm enjoying the drone footage of them out on the ocean. Gosh they must have a pretty serious drone to be able to take off and land on the boats and keep up in the conditions which they are filming at.

Anyone know what they're using??

In terms of the one design, course etc you just have to accept it I guess. Its called progress yes its commercial and glitzy but you can't really go backwards to ior maxi's etc.

The volvo 70' were awesome boats until they exploded every leg, then limped to the nearest port to lick their wounds. Or they ran out of sponsorship money and withdrew.   

Overall I'm taking interest and enjoying it. There is fairly clearly a big diff between the teams. Brunel isn't doing as well as I would have expected. 

I am following it, enjoying some spectacular photos and watching the different routing strategies.

Today Scallywag recovered a MOB in 7 minutes while sailing at double figures. How good is that? Well done guys

• Upvote 1

Going to the foredeck without being hooked in, or even wearing a PFD - no beacon, nothing. 

You could see the skipper (Witt?) was seething. 

Erm no....To the end of an outrigger. Pretty f$%king stupid !!!! 

Wearing black too. 

I can't see any cleverness in this at all. 

Scallywag getting nervous I reckon.

I have their lead down to around 24nm with Vestas and DF in the groove and consistently sailing a few clicks deeper.

200nm to the top of the Philippines and they will hit the lighter patch first with the decision to gybe or not.