• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 of the 6 Club's boats made it to the pond yesterday, very light sailing conditions.

The club's DF656's at the Boat Show.    

The six the club brought with 75% sponsorship from the "ASB Showgrounds cost $272 and $282 delivered to individual members to get around the GST/import fees.     I just ordered one for my brother

Posted Images

NMMS (Wattle Farm) will be racing DF65 on Saturday mornings (2nd & 4th Saturdays of the the month) starting this weekend the 27th July all welcome to come on down.

Racing 1000 to 1200 hrs with the normal IOM racing from 1300 hrs.

We will be sailing on the second pond as the main pond was drained for the council to look at the weed issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Heading to Kapiti this weekend 19th & 20th October for a 2 day regatta for the DF65's.

Skippers coming from Wellington, Hawkes Bay, Tauranga and Auckland.

I will so be taking my DF95 down to have sail with 5 boats from Kapiti Radio Yacht Club, it will be the first time in the water for it. :thumbup:

https://kapitradioyachtclub.wixsite.com/kapiti-radio-y-club

Here are my girls.

DF65 & 95.jpg

Sitting in Dixie Browns overlooking Lake Taupo munching into an Egg Benedict Smoked Salmon and a large flat white, it might be a couple reflecting on the past few days.

I drove down on Friday morning and met some of the local Kapiti skippers at the Awatea Lagoon, Paraparaumu and we had a blast with our DF95, first time in the water for the “Sloop”.

Saturday morning was not a typical Wellington morning, plenty of rain but not much wind, John McPherson the RO set a course for the shifty north east  breeze, which later went to the north west after lunch.

Three of the locals show the rest how to sail the 65’s with A+ sails, Mike, Chris and Graeme showing the rest how to sail with the 2 northern raids “the Sloop” and Kerry fighting for the 4th & 5th places overnight, it has to be mentions the the Sloop won the last 3 races of the day……time to go home.

Saturday night at the Waikanae Chartered, the usual stories and bs flowed.

Sunday morning the rain was a bit lighter but the breeze was the same, the Sloop was having a few issues how to sail these little boats, much different from a IOM they stall very easily and tacking on the tricky windshifts was not to be done, The sloop was setup differently from the local boat with the main boom considerable more open, on straight line sailing it appeared to be the fastest boat but turning corners was the problem plus the bent start line as 121 was constantly recalled at the starts on both days.

Racing was very well mannered with not to many incidents around the course.

For the northern boys we need to some practice to repel the southern raiders at the DF65 North Island Champions Nov 30th & Dec 1st at Wattle.

DF65.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have had communications with the Onehunga Local Board and Steve Rixen of the Auckland Cable Wake Park about setting some permanent marks on the basin, “IT’S  A GOER”.

When we break out of the lockdown and after making and positioning the marks inside the wake board cable of the headland for courses to suit the SW & the fluky NE breeze we will be able to go sailing during the week say Monday, Wednesday & Friday as the basin is normally drained and refilled on Tuesday and Thursday, what day suits?????

Please let me know if you are keen to have a sail, nothing to serious as there are new skippers to radio sailing, there’s always “The Goodhome” just up the road for a debrief.

If you know of other DF65 skippers please let them and me know so I can put them on the list.

Onehunga Bay Reserve.JPG

• 2 months later...

Hello all

The marks have been laid with thanks to Bill B last week, inside the Wave boarding towrope by the power pylon, carparking off Beachcrofrt Ave.

We will start off sailing on Fridays from 1100 say to 1300 and go for a debrief at “The Good Home”.

It will be open to any skipper with a DF65, you don’t need to be a club or DF Association member to join in, just turnup.

It will be up for discussion what other days to make for group sailing maybe Sunday afternoons or any other day of the week, except when the basin is drained.

700416529_OnmehungaBasin.png.c3fc47d0004677ccccdb2fb13fa0bc87.png

Yes there are 6 marks out there, somewhere.

Unfortunately I won’t be there this Friday as I will be up at the Kai Iwi Lakes, Dargaville sailing in the IOM North Island Champs but Bill will be at the basin.

If you know of any other DF65 owners let them know what’s happening.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.