Vacuum Bag

BelowPAR

I use a vacuum bag to put the profile curve into the skateboards and kiteboards. Problem is, the bag and valve are re-usable and the sealing tape is a one shot wonder.

I have tried sealing tape and sika stuff and it all seals the bag up no problem. Tho i have been very tempted to use a knife to get it open... And after 2/3 uses, there is so much crud left over, that it either takes an hour to clean it, or an hour (plus coin) to make a new bag.

I started putting tape down first, then sealing on top of that. Then when your done peal of the tape and bin it. But it takes a while to set up, and when ya put the tape on it has to be completely dust free, which is roughly impossible next to the table saw and thicknesser. Dust free is not so importan when your piling the sealant on. :thumbup:

I have been making the bags out of similar stuff to the clears on canopies. Purely because thats what the first (bought) one was out of.

But now im using it atleast once every two evenings, and am well sick of the stuffing round.

Im thinking that a one use and biff it system would be best, but was wondering how it is done properly? What material for the bag and sealing stuff etc? And if there are any little tips etc?

Cheers Ben.

For production style bagging use a vacuum press.

Basically two metal frames with stretchy rubber over them.

Close the two metal frames, there is a 15mm bead of rubber to form the seal.

whack on the vacuum, the rubber stretches around your parts, as soon as its starts to seal a bit, the rubber bead compresses and bingo a perfect vacuum.

Takes 45 seconds to get vacuum on.

Is reusable 100's if not 1000's of times.

I set one up in a joinery factory, works a treat.

Archived