Single Handed Series 2017 - 2018

We're back again!!! The Vining's Marine Single Handed Series 2017 - 2018. Enthusiastic sponsors, supportive clubs and a great race programme of 11 races which will include a SH regatta weekend racing to Kawau, a gulf race returning to Kawau, for the party, and a race home. The first weekend of racing will be on the 7th & 8th October hosted by the Ponsonby Cruising Club.

Get the last SSANZ race away and then start to prepare. Sailing instructions and entry details soon to follow.

They can count but designed not to rule anyone who can't do Easter out of the series. We have 11 races but a drop of 5 races. Because this series has a lot of weekend racing many will struggle to attend all 11 of them.

Easter Regatta will also have it's own prizes, but will suit some sailors that miss other weekends and still want a series result.

Hope that makes sense.

Online entries for the Series are available on RYC website, and a FB page also going. Please post something to the Vinings Single-handed series Facebook page.... I like sailing alone but hate talking to myself on FB....

http://richmondyc.org.nz/racing/info/singlehanded-series/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/126891311289885/

There is also a series briefing this year, with food and stuff, and you can get your new season shirts! This is on the 5th Oct at 7pm at RYC.

Just in case anyone doesn't think I am keen..... I drove to GH / Fairway bay in the weekend to take a photo or two.... on the series Facebook page now (among the posts from the skippers getting all ready). Fairway bay.jpgR1 course.jpg

She does feel a bit like a solo maxi.  Trust me, getting sh*t down in time is fairly important on the Voombeast when solo too....

I'll be running old jibs and if brave, old kites, till I've had a few goes at trying not to trash sh*t.