Tamaki River

Well "Knot Me" inspired me to do some research on the By Laws of Auckland Harbour Users and it seems I along several hundred other users have been breaking the law for years,waiting areas to enter the river,using ch 8 to advise entry etc.

at.govt.nz/media/1183469/harbourmaster-office-tamaki-river.pdf

But if there was an Accident at least the harbour master is covered,the regs are there but took some searching,who knew about the waiting areas??vhf ch8??who even turns it on?

If the car ferry is at musick pt we wait till hes gone through and motoring up  I stick close the markers as go further up than most and coming down hug the moorings.

So your vessels are commercial or non-commercial vessels over 20 meters are they?

When read the full by law it does refer to commercial but look more closely and it applies to non commercial as well

Not exactly clear but in the event of a mishap and non commercial have not adhered to by laws would there be a come back from the HM office?

So at the top of page 2 it says this:

"Application

These requirements apply to all commercial vessels of 20m or more in length and all non-commercial vessels of 20m or more in length"

Given that I'm not a superyacht skipper, and I'm fairly sure neither the original poster of the protagonist aren't superyacht skippers, I'm not sue what the issue is? You've found a by-law that doesn't apply to common or garden variety yachties, big deal.

I'm fairly sure that if you were paid enough to be in charge of a superyacht, you'd have the wherewithal to locate and understand relevant by-laws and regulations relevant to operating said superyacht.

Notice: 04–18 Half Moon Bay, Bucklands Beach marina damaged breakwater, low wake zone

All mariners are reminded to reduce their speed to 5 knots and/or their minimum steerage speed, in order to create a low wake while in the vicinity of the Bucklands Beach Marina. The breakwater was damage with the recent storm event and requires extensive repair. Mariners should navigate with caution while in this area.

• Upvote 1

I keep my boat up at Panmure there are a lot of idiot mustang power boat owners that blast past you doing 10 knots , almost every trip....

I fully support robust enforcement of 5 knot speed limit

Been in touch with dry stack and their attitude is so f**king what,we cannot hold their hands,Auckland/environmental "Brenda" has asked for photos/times of vessels to be sent to her,they have also been on too  the dry stack and reading between the lines they may need to take a different approach with their customers.