Have your say on the America’s Cup bases

Hold the cup anywhere they like ,lake Taupo Sydney Rome anywhere but here, I have absolutely no interest in the cup,Maori will do a protest thing and ruin it, How many yachting and non yachting public really care about it?? I only got interested in last couple of races along with a lot of other people I know,its not matching of yesteryear which is what we want to see,luffing matches etc

Hosting fee is the running costs. 

So they need money to build the bases/ village, and money to run the event, regatta, races.

Haven't they got another $160M or so to do that?  ($200M all up for the event)

Seems like a $40M donation to the team so that its less money they have to get from sponsorship? 

Not the way I understand it. Running the team and running the event are two different buckets of money. Though I have no idea what measures are in place to actually manage that.

So we are less than 3 yrs away(2021)council  can build in time?? Has a prototype of new mono design been built yet and what are the rules?? seems me they are cutting it fine.

The contractor and designer selection has already been done, so there won't be a protracted tendering process to work through, and the parties involved have already begun to resource up. If anything holds it up now it will be resource consent

The contractor and designer selection has already been done, so there won't be a protracted tendering process to work through, and the parties involved have already begun to resource up. If anything holds it up now it will be resource consent

anything is possible,look at the Orewa sea wall mess.

To be honest, I think the hosting fee is just a wrought.

If the government had said "No, sorry!" does anyone think the cup regatta would really have gone to Italy?

Would the Italian government have said,"Yeah, sure, here's 30 million euros to play with, can we give you another 120 million to make our waterfront ugly too?"

I have my doubts.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12053520

$40 million of that sum is the so called "event fee".

Never ever thought a one off yachting regatta could scoff through such a whopping chunk of change.

In my view the public purse has been severely diddled by the whole AC event and the $250 million would have better given to our nurses as a welcome change from their paltry pay rates.