Westhaven

Seems nobody has told Beca that Westhaven plans to fill in the western entrance to the marina to develop the breakwater.

With a single entrance exit and the additional traffic of the relocated ferry and fishing boats along with super boat activity its going to get pretty congested in my view.

https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/ResourceConsentDocuments/bun60313923-14-attach14bappbbecahydraulicmodellingreport-ac36pdtechrpt12.1.2018.pdf

Wow why would Beca waste all that time and money modelling what Panuku has told us will be gone very shortly ie the western entrance , shades of yes minister, the sad thing is that its our money they are flushing out with the ebb tide on a worthless report.

It's been a long time since I looked at this as it no longer interests me, but my recollection was that the original study demonstrated the need to maintain flow through the western entrance and that they were going to do that with a series of culverts or bridge the entrance rather than fill it in.  Perhaps someone can dig up the Masterplan studies.

More to the point, Beca's job is to produce a report that supports a Resource Consent Application for the AC. Within that, you don't go looking for ways to cause issues, road blocks or anything that may draw the attention of the RC commissioners.

If the plans to close in the Western Entrance aren't consent or already in construction, don't mention them........

Here's the revised plan

https://www.panuku.co.nz/www/uploads/moduleresourceitems/the-westhaven-plan-095f2884cb.pdf

Fish is basically correct.  The developments get treated in a "first come" submission basis - the masterplan carries no formal or legislated weight and can be modified as necessary.  If Panuku don't want to consider the future blocking off of the Western entrance in this development, surely that's their perogative?  It just means that they'll need to address tidal flows in any submission to block the western entrance more specifically in the future.  They just ignore it in the masterplan, and it also shows a significantly smaller eastern entrance!  You'd actually need to read the entire submission (rather than just one appendix) to see if/how it acknowledges the masterplan