Route 66

Freedom is staying chained up for the weekend. I feel like a woosy scardycat. The wind seems to be stronger than the forecasts lately or I am getting softer and the boat is now slightly more powered up.

Good luck to the hard out sailors out there.

There's talk on Facebook of a cat having flipped just south of tiri. On the race tracker attitude is shown sitting there not moving, so I guess it's likely to be them. Facebook says coast guard in attendance, hopefully they're ok and not too much damage.

There's talk on Facebook of a cat having flipped just south of tiri. On the race tracker attitude is shown sitting there not moving, so I guess it's likely to be them. Facebook says coast guard in attendance, hopefully they're ok and not too much damage.

Confirmed, just spoke to one of the crew. All are safe and wet and now having medicinal rum at Gulf Harbour while another team are out recovering the boat.

Confirmed, just spoke to one of the crew. All are safe and wet and now having medicinal rum at Gulf Harbour while another team are out recovering the boat.

Saw Attitude parking back onto their berth at Westhaven about 8 tonight, mast was even pointing the right way up.

Lots of parking tickets on cars at westhaven that were parked from friday morning, seems the message didn't get through to wilsons......

Oh the message got through, maximise revenue...

• Upvote 1

And how was the racing?

Anyone get some sails up, sail past other boats, get passed by other boats?

Was there any wind out there? must have been some waves, someone must have seen some waves?

Be great to hear how the racing was 

A great Race, but lumpy waves! 

We had a good race on Pulse, slightly nursing the boat till Cape Rodney, then full main to the finish. Lots 

Some shots of Gale Force and Equilibrium on the way home

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg