Anti-fouling stick on film ?

I had the opportunity to be the agent for one of these silicon paint on types from the UK about 18 years ago, we put samples in westhaven Kawau and Milford. Looked great for the first two months, but then fouled more and more, yes easy to clean . So the conclusion I came up with -also noted in England was great for 30 + knot powerboats but for the rest of us not so flash, after years of using No 5 i dont ever need to scrub I get two years of racing and cruising without hauling , and at the price of a lift and wash that is a great saving. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning jaffa lol.

I think its okay to film your own bum, just don't film anyone else's.....

I've had Aquacote silicon foul release on the hull and NZMPS Silikon wrap on the rudder for a year now as a trial comparison. The Aquacote needs regular cleaning but wipes clean fairly easily - I dive before each race, and it is holding up well. While I'm happy with the Aquacote, the NZMPS wrap is a much superior product though due to the finish being factory controlled as opposed to self applied. It mostly self cleans except for a slight film that wipes off very easily. I still get barnicles on the Aquacote but they don't seem to take hold on the NZMPS product. While I should be able to get multiple years from both products, I'm thinking of stripping the Aquacote this winter and replacing with the wrap. 

yeh - that's a fair point waikiore.  How often do you use the boat on average and where do you keep her?

Matt - I reckon we need some sort of simple list of boats, location, product, etc for crew poster benefit.  There's so much anecdotal comment, it would be good to put some actual stats to this never ending debate!

yeh - that's a fair point waikiore.  How often do you use the boat on average and where do you keep her?

Matt - I reckon we need some sort of simple list of boats, location, product, etc for crew poster benefit.  There's so much anecdotal comment, it would be good to put some actual stats to this never ending debate!

Perhaps just thread on where you are, whats product and its performance, we can draw our own conclusions from that. I'll start give me a minute