MDR 720 Transducer Paint. Totally useless!

Looks like you've got a problem with barnacles.

I'm not trying to be factitious, sometimes you have either a bad location or a bad season (or both) for barnacles.

What is so flash about the transducer you can't just put your normal AF over it? Is it forward facing or something?

Heres how it went. Hauled out at Opua to get a new windlass installed, a bloody good deal off Burnsco. Went to Caters who incidentally we will never go back there again who said you should never antifoul over a transducer, something about a reaction with the plastic, but "use this amazing product" or words to that effect. We knew Opua is the worlds breeding ground for barnacles so soon as we were back in the drink out to Jacks and other bays then back to Whangarei Harbour, a week in Marsden Cove then extended stays in Urquharts Bay, so a LOT of moving about. In 3 months, transducer is covered! Basically as liveaboards, its summer out and about and winter in Norsand Boat Yard yet even in the short time we are in the water, an octopuses bloody garden!

You got that much in three months?

Have you ever thought of investing in aquaculture? You could make a fortune growing oysters, or mussels, oysters are better though.

You might have an up hill battle finding a market for those barnacles though...

You got that much in three months?

Have you ever thought of investing in aquaculture? You could make a fortune growing oysters, or mussels, oysters are better though.

You might have an up hill battle finding a market for those barnacles though...[/quote

Duh...

How often did you dive on the boat?

This summer in Whangarei has been real bad for Barnies.

I antifouled with ultra in January and dive every 3 weeks, still have to flick of barnacles. Just the nature of Whangarei harbour.

If you haven’t had a swim for 3mths in Whangarei (or Opua) I reckon you are doing ok.

I antifouled with ultra in January and dive every 3 weeks, still have to flick of barnacles. Just the nature of Whangarei harbour.

If you haven’t had a swim for 3mths in Whangarei (or Opua) I reckon you are doing ok.

No, BOI and outer Whangarei Harbour (no where near Town Basin!!). Thats it. Nice 'clean' water. I noticed too that our propspeed put on by Chad at Opua also had barnacles around the base of the blades, some propspeed has even gone! Are we being had by all these 'wonderful' EXPENSIVE products? Propspeed only 3 months old! A slow revolution prop and its falling off!!!!??

I have noticed the same thing re Barnacles on a boat in the Tamaki and another at Cocklebay, the usual small pimple sized fellas just fall off. but the larger ones about the size of a fingernail are just diabolical this year.

They grow roots through the AF, aggregating like sheet concrete to any Rubber, Metal, paint  or Composite surface, maybe the answer is to ask the bank manager for a mortgage and Prop Speed the entire hull :-(

I hope it is not an new type .

Was just about to but some of this stuff. Guess I won't bother.

Tried Lanolin over the years, I agree its a waste of time, I have also used Engineers marking ink (two coats) and found it to be somewhat effective, still not a patch on Propspeed obviously but if you are on a budget ? I have tried  antifoul, it never seemed to work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=engineers++ink&sxsrf=ACYBGNTl1XYis4O76SCY7134dtIvSm6iSg:1573319876920&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj22oaj0d3lAhUVbisKHXxKDYUQ_AUIEigB&biw=1366&bih=625#imgrc=HXPls6jMpCT1KM: