Deck Paint?

Tried 2 pot, a bloody nightmare years ago especially to get off again. Went to acrylic, worked well but a skating rink then flaked, like the 2 pot. Met a guy in the yard here who said he uses "paving" paint! I'm into trying new ideas but not sanding them off again. Anyone used this?

What is the substrate you are painting onto? Glass, timber, Steel? The two pot should not have come off, in the short term anyway.
Paving paint is a difficult one, in that there are about a dozen different types. From cheap water and Turps based, through to the more expensive single pot Polyurathanes and Epoxies.
It could be said that the more wear resistant a paint, the longer it lasts, but also the harder to remove once you need to. And more expensive of course.

If youre going single pack, Id just go to resenes and get one of their acrylic non skid paving paints.

My thinking too. I should have asked what that guy used, was dark green and looked bloody good for the time he had it on. I'm sure he said it was acrylic paving paint.

Yep, available but no good. The other issue is 'potable' water. We use our scuppers for rainy day tank filling and the manufaturers who are in Perth said NO. Back to plan A..or was it..

Google emerclad, its the same kind of acrylic yoghurt as kiwigrip or dont slip but a lot cheaper. Buy a loop roller to make the texture

Where did you get it? Seems only available in Aussie?

I used a&1 coatings tredgrip , made in Aussie and looks good lasts years the ,the last

Paint was griptred from crc , lasted 17 years So the closed I cou,d find was the trendgrip , been on 2 years now and looks like yesterday was layed , water base Not mush preparation needed except a good wash Way you go Cheep used on tennis courts , steps , and non skid areas touch , 12 colours or tint your own ,

Crazyhorse crc don’t make it , they used to do a griptred some years ago but rules and safety crap stoped them. The product is tredgrip rubberised non slip coating from A&I coatings I have a gallon here as back up , just clean off roll three coats on , drys fast so you can do two in a day I will try to send a pic

00471673-DDE5-4CCF-9FBD-9F9E93FCF6EF.jpeg

It is has a roughish finnish kiwi grip is applied with a textured roller , so it’s the style finnish you create with the roller , this paint has cranuals of rubber in the paint of eaves size , so just roll it on , three coats , if you need remove it just scrape away it’s very easy , some maxi race boats have it on , it leaves a good looking even finnish , and if you have that old style cork /resin finnish , just go over the top and it’s new again, the old finnish I had was only fading in color after 17 years and crc made that one but closed due to health and safety , why I don’t know , it’s just water base paint , worked for me I have a brochure and all contacts if needed

Used it in our highwear onboard/offboard lip, Bubbled up in 6 months, Mostly all gone now 12 months later PIA to get off but just give it time and it'll do it itself  :razz:

I did mine with Kiwigrip, and agree it gets bubbles etc pretty quick but on the upside it just needs sugar soap and wash to prep, doesn’t need a perfect surface (hides everything) and is one coat and done.

Expensive though. I went super coarse finish and a year in if lots of use it is still fine. My boat is raced so gets a hard time from crew, don’t really clean it or anything just use it.