Massive insurance hike

yup we're with nautical in chc too. They're great 30k cover for a 40 year old cat ( although well kept and modified), race insurance, boat on a swing mooring,  no survey required $800 odd dollars from memory. 

I'm with AON, $1100 p.a. incl GST for fixed sum insured $135k, 5 mil liability, $500 excess, on a marina, 90 year old boat, survey every 5 years.

So at 0.81% of boat value/p.a. I'm fine with that.

Not much risk to your boat in a shed on the lawn though

Are you sure about that?

I heard its been attacked with all sorts of power tools. He's even destroyed 3 or 4 galleys, fell off the stern, water-blasted with whole thing with all the hatches open, applied the wrong gloss of paint on parts of it, it even got damage in that storm when the power went out. I'd hate to think what catastrophes could happen if it got anywhere near any water...

• Upvote 1

Are you sure about that?

I heard its been attacked with all sorts of power tools. He's even destroyed 3 or 4 galleys, fell off the stern, water-blasted with whole thing with all the hatches open, applied the wrong gloss of paint on parts of it, it even got damage in that storm when the power went out. I'd hate to think what catastrophes could happen if it got anywhere near any water...

What about the rogue arrow attacks reported a while back, surely that must be an increased insurance risk.

My broker said having it insured while on land cost the same as when in the water. Land has risks water doesn't and vice a versa.

Yeah, AMI have the same opinion. My policy covers the boat on the lawn, in transit, on my swing mooring, and inshore waters.

I do have to tell them each time I switch from lawn to mooring tho.