Spinlock 5D

Hi,

I am looking at one of these, which has the air cylander built in, presumably a bladder too etc.

How often do these need to be inspected? Does it form part of the CAT-1 off shore check that the harness / air cylander is in date?

Cheers

AG

Yes all your inflatable life jackets form part of your all your Cat 1-5 requirements

They need to be serviced in accordance with the manufactures recommendations, most are yearly but a few are longer, some are user serviceable, but most aren’t and have to be taken back to the agent.

I’ve heard of some cruisers going back to solid LJ and seperate harnesses but personally I think this could lead to a disaster as a good inflatable with harness is much more likely to be warn.

I got a spinlock jacket (deck vest) serviced recently, . It would have been cheaper to buy a new 150kn jacket from burnsco..... twice!

Good to know, I will ask about the servicing price.

Manufacturer specifies service every 2 years. Has both manual and auto inflate options FYI.