3D print your own blocks

cj!

Interesting to see that Colligo Marine are offering 3D print files of their new Revolution blocks so you can buy the blocks or buy the components and print your own blocks. I've been wondering when this would start to become more common for a number of components with the rise of more accessible desktop CNC machines, 3D printers and laser cutters. Who else is doing this?

• Upvote 1

Auckland Uni offers a free makerspace with lots of equipment for this sort of thing. Just roll up on the Symonds Street entrance  (Engineering Dept I think).

Correct, its called Unlease space and #1 Son works there helping students with their projects, (in between his own lectures)  they have a lot of very cool equipment to play with.

Also, I should add, you can't just rock on up there and expect your "project" to be done for you, they dont work like that. Its a student oriented thing - the best option is to find an engineering student that can create the appropriate cut file and have them manage the item for you. 

Mat has just recently made on their 3d printer some replacement impellors for Navman speedos (currently being tested in action to see if they are compatible). Results soon.