Integrel generator replacement

cj!

BP Huh?? Have you actually watched the videos?

This unit, running your engine at 1000 rpm, could provide 150AH of power in about 20 mins. That's sufficient for most boats, even high tech ones, for 24 hours. If you did that with most alternator charging systems, it would take even a 200amp alt at least an hour (circa 80% efficiency) IF your batts could take the charge, which they almost certainly wont.

Not only that, you can run ANY 240v appliance you like, including domestic fridges, freezers, coffee machines, kettles, stove tops and ovens etc.

This is like putting a power station in your boat!

8-9KW from an alternator (well sort of an alternator!), or 5Kw at 1000 rpm is awesome. For the uninitiated, that's around 416 amps at 12v

I've emailed them for some details. I don't understand how you can get that power thru the belt, what the side load is etc etc.

I've also asked if they have a NZ agent yet...

Do you have a fridge yet BP?

If you don't have all the modern mod cons, you don't need the power station.

Fairly sure BP has minimal use for a hair dryer too...

Although Angela might.

I'm really interested around the points on engine load and power absorbed by the prop (cause we're putting in a new engine and matching the prop to it).

If engines are too big for the prop, or the conditions are flat and don't consume all the power, then this thing can adsorbe that power and put it in the batteries. Kind of like a hybrid car but without the electric propulsion.

The system still hinges on your battery capacity no?

Yes, and at the rate of charge, it will have to be the lithium / super expensive batteries. I don't think we are the market demographic for this gear. Have no idea what I'd need a generator for in the first place.

Yep, but the basic pack consits of:

The standard Integrel system consists of:

• 9kW engine mounted Integrel generator
  • Engine mounting kit
  • Integrel system controller
  • 48v battery sensor
  • Integrel 600W 48v to 12/24/36v battery to battery charger
  • 5” touch screen user interface
  • 48v 10kWh advanced lead acid battery bank
  • Wiring loom and fuses
  • 3kW 48v inverter/charger

The Battery pack is 10Kwh - 800 odd amp hours at 12v...

Hah, I have had one for years goes with my Tilley radiant heater and Storm lanterns.

Kero is bloody expensive so I started a airline and run them all on Jet A1.

Never appear on deck with wrinkled socks thats my motto and when and if I get a bigger boat I am going to get one of these bad boys.

The Integral looks like it will cost quite a bit of coin and if you are already set up with solar what would be the point.

There is no solar I've ever seen on a boat that can produce 9Kw! 

But yes, it's aimed at boats that would otherwise be installing or replacing a genset...

Be interesting to hear what they say about a local agent and pricing -probably is still early days I imagine re production etc ....

But certainly amazing technology and unless it was priced way out of touch it would be hard not see it getting a lot of traction ..

So efficiency of  motor Power usage aside what would you expect in reduction in time to 100% SOC of Power pack? (48V)

Or are you not even trying to achieve that? ie LiFePo's or somesuch that doesn't require 100% SOC.

Changing to a Lithium system means changing your entire set of battery assumptions.  With a FLA system you are always chasing the elusive 100% SOC.  With LiFePO4 chasing 100% SOC is not really desirable.