Noelex 22 mast base measurement

I'm not sure what has happenned to the class association, I know there's still a few racing in Auckland.

There were at least three "factory" builders, Marten Marine built the ones that look like a smaller N25, to my eye the prettiest ones.

Noelex Marine and Elder Boats were also very prominent.

There may be discrepancies among the mast positions between the builders, the Marten boats had a swing centreboard, while the Noelex boats had a daggerboard. Pretty sure the Elder boats were daggerboard as well.

The marten boats had a brace from the top of the centrecase/table to the mast base, if you have one of these, that's where the mast needs to go.

Sorry I can't be more help, it's been 20 years since I sold mine. If I could, I'd buy her back.

Ok I measured 4 boats

Two of them were 2300mm

And two were 2330mm

Measured from front of aluminium tabernacle to bow proper , not to end of bow roller .

All were factory boats , one very old with the odd looking deck that slopes straight up from the bow that boat and the newest boat were 2330 , the other two that looked exactly the same were 2300.

Mine is one of the newer Noelex Industries boats.  Measures 2290mm from the bow.  Like all N22's there will be discrepancies.  I'll try and dig out a copy of the class rules to see what the tolerances are.

On a separate note, does anyone know what happened to the N22 Association?

• Upvote 1

I'll do some asking next weekend when the fleet is at Manukau, surely someone there will have up to date assn info.

A friend has just bought one if the modified Marten boats, which has a reasonable racing heritage. He's asked me to sail with him then.

I'm wondering whether I should buy another one, they still have seriously hot racing there

Thanks a lot for the help guys mast base is not far away from those measurement. The mast base is sitting about half on the compression post in the cabin should this be sitting directly on top or closer than half on at least?