Middle Sea Race

Any one been keeping an eye on this?

http://rolexmiddlesearace.com/tracker

I've been following two boats in particular, "Hermes3", a Pogo 12.50, and "Infinity" a Pogo 36 (what else??) They're both based in the same marina in Greece, essentially tying up next to each other, and managed by the same charter operator. But the owners are on board - So they're not fully charter crews.

The tracker is nice enough to let you replay the race and just watch a few boats, and it's been a regular game of cat 'n mouse, Seems to have been pretty light and upwind for quite sizeable parts of the race, and it's interesting to watch the smaller boat gain in those periods. 

Those two have rounded Lampedusa now and the bigger boat seems to be at last pulling away, but the guys on Infinity have really given the bigger boat a run for their money, it seems.

I find it interesting because it's the first race results I've seen including the Pogo 36.

From Scuttebutt

Rambler crossed the finish line of the 2018 Rolex Middle Sea Race at the Royal Malta Yacht Club to take Monohull Line Honours at 02:07:55 CEST on Tuesday 23rd October .

Rambler Crew: George David, Brad Butterworth, Silvio Arrivabene, Rodney Ardern, Will McCarthy, Dean Phipps, Stuart Wilson, Mark Newbrook, Jan Dekker, Rome Kirby, Brian Giorgio, Scott Beavis, Simon Daubney, Peter van Niekerk, Joca Signorini, Curtis Blewett, Antonio Cuervas Mons, Aaron Reynolds-Lovegrove

George David's Line Honours victory with Rambler may not have set a new race record, but David and his well-honed crew have entered the history books. The first yacht to claim four successive first to finish titles, Rambler has consigned the endeavours of Esimit Europa (2010-12 & 14) and Benbow (1975-77) to a lower rung on the list of outstanding achievements in the Rolex Middle Sea Race. For David, this was a fifth such success, when combined with his all-conquering debut in 2007 with a previous iteration in the Rambler maxi dynasty.

I could biased in supporting Rambler. ;-)  

christophe_jouany@SBR2018-14778.jpg