Now an Elephant seal as well!

At least Elephant seals only have a go at you if they are feeling threatened by you. I'd happily swim at the same beach as an elephant seal (although at the other end), where as, if that Leopard seal was about, I def wouldn't swim, and would feel a little uneasy rowing the deflatable.

Wonder if this one has worked out where Westhaven is yet? you would be kind of stuffed if she was having a nap on your pontoon...

I haven't seen an elephant seal for about 20 odd years, on Oreti Beach (Invercagil), middle of winter, top inch of sand was frozen solid. I note DoC didn't mention which Auckland beach this one was at, wonder if they don't want tourists going and annoying it?

Jokes aside, I'm sure there will be a few people that are keen to clean their hulls, that would be a lot less stressed about it, if there was an effective Leopard Seal deterrent, that would not harm the Leopard seal (and be DoC complaint), but give a reasonable protection from becoming its play thing. If it were as simple as blue spectrum lights underwater, you could make a small fortune importing and marketing them to the Westhaven marina users group...

Jokes aside, I'm sure there will be a few people that are keen to clean their hulls, that would be a lot less stressed about it, if there was an effective Leopard Seal deterrent, that would not harm the Leopard seal (and be DoC complaint), but give a reasonable protection from becoming its play thing. If it were as simple as blue spectrum lights underwater, you could make a small fortune importing and marketing them to the Westhaven marina users group...

I still think an underwater speaker playing rap...!

I wonder....anyone tried rap on barnicles!??. "Ice Coffee" M&Flem" "Halfa Quid" could be on to something here!? I would volunteer to help keep them underwater to see if it does!????.

You're on the hooch again aren't you?