Call for Licensing

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think some enforcement of the existing rules would be a good start. No need to have a licence to get a fine.

Be careful what you wish for.. it’s a slippery slope. First rego numbers and then it will be WoFs and so on. I can’t believe how many are wanting some sort of rego/licensing system!   I would much

Every time somebody thinks something needs fixing, they leap for a new law or regulation instead of enforcing what already exists. The list of laws/regs in our society keeps growing but without enforc

Much is made of the fact that that rules/regulations/licencing is unenforceable, and without a lot of expensive additional resources, this is true. And it is why I favour licencing the skipper after completing an education course relative to the vessel he intends to operate.

We have been cycle touring on the coromandel and have been really impressed with the careful overtaking and consideration shown us by motorists. Since this has been achieved only by education and not enforcement, education obviously works. Equally obviously, not for the moron minority but i think we will be grateful for any on-water improvement in behaviour we can get.

We have been cycle touring on the coromandel and have been really impressed with the careful overtaking and consideration shown us by motorists. Since this has been achieved only by education and not enforcement, education obviously works. Equally obviously, not for the moron minority but i think we will be grateful for any on-water improvement in behaviour we can get.

Given the type of roads in the Coromandel (which I've been sampling yesterday and today), I doubt its good manners that is making vehicles pass you carefully, but the knowledge that if I (and other cars) don't pass you extremely carefully, you will be dead.

The number of roads around here with the four road warning signs on the one board of steep, windy, narrow and 'no good for wheelies' is unique. And that is just the dodgy roads. A standard road on the Coromandel is enough to put the shits up the average Auckland driver. (not sure how tourists get on either).

There are plenty of signs regarding courteous driving around these parts. I also note there are suitable signs around boat ramps covering the basics of boats passing boats, boats crossing, use of lights and night etc. Its amazing how education can work when enough effort is put into it...