The Beast

The Beast looks like a work boat. 

Good design for servicing oil rigs isn't it? Large crane on the flat aft deck. I see its designed to carry a 13 m game fishing boat, and a 9 m sea-legs.

As for the camo...

Aren't most of these super wealthy guys worried about the impending Armageddon? All these people of wealth and influence, that have a habit of buying prime NZ real estate, a lot of that is to do with our favourable location at the bottom of the world if Trump pushes his biggest red button, or what ever other fate causes the sky to fall.

I get the impression that some of these butt ugly 'expedition' yachts are not so much designed cause Michael Hill wants to explore the Patagonian fjords, but more for when everything goes to sh*t, they can get out of dodge. What better than on a camouflaged vessel equipped for long range unsupported and remote operating. With this one, you can sneak out of town in your 43 ft Riveria, rendezvous with the mother ship, have the whole Riv lifted aboard and peg it across vast oceans before the zombies have smelt your blood.

The Beast looks like a work boat. 

Good design for servicing oil rigs isn't it? Large crane on the flat aft deck. I see its designed to carry a 13 m game fishing boat, and a 9 m sea-legs.

As for the camo...

Aren't most of these super wealthy guys worried about the impending Armageddon? All these people of wealth and influence, that have a habit of buying prime NZ real estate, a lot of that is to do with our favourable location at the bottom of the world if Trump pushes his biggest red button, or what ever other fate causes the sky to fall.

I get the impression that some of these butt ugly 'expedition' yachts are not so much designed cause Michael Hill wants to explore the Patagonian fjords, but more for when everything goes to sh*t, they can get out of dodge. What better than on a camouflaged vessel equipped for long range unsupported and remote operating. With this one, you can sneak out of town in your 43 ft Riveria, rendezvous with the mother ship, have the whole Riv lifted aboard and peg it across vast oceans before the zombies have smelt your blood.

Michael is old thin and cranky with wealth.

What else would you expect.

Foul indulgent self centred craft dot the planet as medallions of all that is incorrect.

Yeah ,well if the button gets pushed there will be no getting out of Dodge ! Russkies can blow the world up 3 times more than the US will be a big deal when the world gets blown up the first time won't it ? Madness on all counts from that awful looking ,(but no doubt expensive & comfortable whilst at anchor)  catamaran to the arms race to oblivion ! No improvement on the looks department from the last boat MH had. Oh well ,makes the world go round but hey guys,we're there too just not in such splendour .

I think some of the comments in thread show the true nature of the human race.  Taking personal shots and commenting on the appearance of someone you probably don't know is pretty low.  We are all guilty of it at times I guess. 

Can't we keep the tone of these threads a little more honest, positive and in general show the better side of humanity?  It would keep this site a little more interesting.  

One could look at the good that a business like MH has done for NZ, the people it employs, the buildings it rents or purchases, let alone what he has contributed to the NZ boat building market.  

Leave the guy alone, when you see this boat in person you would change your mind, it's pretty cool.  

• Upvote 2

MH  and MR the owner of Lanakai should both be commended for spending their funds with NZ boatbuilders -they didnt have to.

Having said that I cant say that I agree with either mans taste in ship styling, however if we all liked the same thing the world would be very boring and we would all be dressed as in Mao's China!

• Upvote 1

I think some of the comments in thread show the true nature of the human race.  Taking personal shots and commenting on the appearance of someone you probably don't know is pretty low.  We are all guilty of it at times I guess. 

Can't we keep the tone of these threads a little more honest, positive and in general show the better side of humanity?  It would keep this site a little more interesting.  

One could look at the good that a business like MH has done for NZ, the people it employs, the buildings it rents or purchases, let alone what he has contributed to the NZ boat building market.  

Leave the guy alone, when you see this boat in person you would change your mind, it's pretty cool.

Deleted that post. Southernman got me thinking I shouldnt post until after second coffee! A little irreverent (have met them years ago) . I still stand by the fuel use of something like that when the world is crying about fossil fuel use.

When I see one of these mega thingy eyesores I see a floating pile of loot that has usually been siphoned from paying slaves less than the living wage.

Either click bait or you really have a problem with people who work harder than the average punter.  Time to put in the hard yards I suspect. 

Crikey SM been spitting in nails all day being swept away in the cutting black heat of a baking sun so did not see your erudite appraisal of a working mans existence.

What can I say.

Probably not much Priscilla. No one is going to allow you, me or anyone else cast aspersions on the bohemoths that ply our waters guzzling fuel (one 80 footer anchored 300m from us now in Pararako Bay now, look on marinetraffic.com their AIS is going, google the "yacht", 40,000 lts to fill it! Just three people aboard). Saw one come into Halfmoon Bay, 3 stories high and was fueling up for nearly half an hour. $4500 pump one, $6000 pump two and two people aboard. The Saudis must be happy, our enviroment not so. I dont begrudge people who (actually) work hard for what they get but is there some competition going on to see who can build, float and run the biggest guzzling "yacht" around? I'm sure they can fit a mirrored sealing above a queen size bed in something that can actually fit in a berth? Oh, sh!t, sorry, forgot the helipad!