Recommendations for supplier/estimation of price for replacement of standing rigging on 25ft boat?

Hi all. I need to replace standing rigging on this boat:

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/storfidra-25

Everyone I've emailed asking for a quote hasn't even bothered to reply/get back to me. Ideally I'd like to unstep the mast and leave it off for a while, (to do other work at the same time), which would make life a lot easier replacing the standing rigging, but the costs of mast storage seem somewhat prohibitive at westhaven...

I found this supplier:

http://www.clamp-products.co.nz/products/wire-rope-aisi-316-stainless-steel

But I have no idea about quality of Korean SS wire...does anyone have experience or can recommend another supplier?

Any advice re rough approximation of costs to replace all standing rigging on a 25ft boat (assuming DIY and the mast is down), as well as any advice of anywhere with more reasonable mast storage costs would be appreciated!

Tim at Clamp Products is a good bloke, smart and helpful.

Some of the best wire (and ropes) in the world come out of Korea. Korea has been a big time manufacturer of those for decades. In NZ the better wire would be Korean, so would much of the wire claimed to be from Europe.

Have you tried Yacht Spars? They are still there going strong but don't market themselves as well as others.

Take all the stuff you want replaced off, give it to XYZ and say copy please. I've recently done exactly that myself.

Good to know. How much did the materials cost for knot me? I reckon I'd be about half way between that and loosemoose's $800 (as my boat has a double backstay, and oversized wire).

Oversize wire is not clever. The naval architect who designed the boat designed the chainplates etc for a certain load and wire size. A stay should break before a chainplate rips out - better to lose a rig than have a great hole in the boat, and maybe lose the boat.

Taking off the rigging yourself and taking it in saves lots.

Or you can buy the wire and swageless terminals and do it yourself.

Oversize wire is not clever. The naval architect who designed the boat designed the chainplates etc for a certain load and wire size. A stay should break before a chainplate rips out - better to lose a rig than have a great hole in the boat, and maybe lose the boat.

Taking off the rigging yourself and taking it in saves lots.

Or you can buy the wire and swageless terminals and do it yourself.

Boat was designed with oversized wire, so it's all good. Chainplates are a design I've never seen before: bronze, encapsulated, running underneath and along the underside of what little gunwhales there are...they run about 10ft long, on both port and starboard gunwhales. Weird design, but still going strong after 50+ years without replacement or apparent weakness, (and there doesnt seem to be any storfidra owners out there who have ever needed to replace chainplates, from my international research), so mebbe theres something to be said for the unusual design...the only way they would pull, is by ripping up the entire length of the deck...

Yep definitely coming to the conclusion that DIY is worth the bother...just need somewhere safe and cheap to store the mast for a few weeks (I work fulltime, and need to do quite a few jobs with the mast down, so it's going to take a while!).

The guys at Halfmoon Bay were OK, they had a young English bloke working for them who really knew his stuff but that was quite a few years back and lots of room for mast storage and have the gantry for removal so no crain hire. For memory, the gantry needs to be booked and was just $25 but that was about 2009.