Westhaven Marina Berth Rental Rates

It's one option of many, all of which have many details to be worked through. All do cross the entire 'great solution thru the most insane idea known to man' spectrum and do it all at the same time. The hope is we get the best of the all bad options. There is more chance of Trump marrying Jucinda than there is the carparking will ever be free or unrestricted.

One of the big drivers and main concerns by everyone is the CBD parkers. Have a suss during week days and the area is choker. Currently the regime is keeping the guts of them out of berth car parks. The hope is that continues but how that happens is what we hope can be agreeable, as much as possible, to all parties.

FYI - Bayswater uses cards or plate numbers or voice. I find the card option works best for me.

I don't get it....what is the issue with putting a 'pay and display' for all the white lined carparks at Westhaven, which you have to show on your dash like any normal carpark (unless you are a berth renter and have a Marina car park ticket on dash or windscreen ).

Job done, end of story, and no 'Big Brother' spying concerns like there is with taking rego numbers or having swipey card things for berth renters.

In fact, don't they have this pay and display thing at X pier now?  Why not just make it marina wide for all the white lined parks?  The cost of putting the ticket machines around the marina will be quickly made up by all the dough rolling in from the car parkers.

Further, no parking in yellow lined parks for pay and displayers.  (They are to be left exclusively for us berth renters.)
An automatic $200 fine and / or tow away, clamp, or other such "ouch" factor for any idiot of the public that parks in berth renter yellow parks, will quickly put an end to that problem for ever.

Really, it is all so simple.

Zozza unfortunately “simple” is not in fashion anymore specifically more so when it comes to Auckland City Council Inc.

Your so obvious solution to use a existing established functioning city wide pay and display parking control system that even sees the ticket dispensing machines run on solar will be rejected because it lacks access and opportunity for ticket clipping consultants,peer review gravy trains and health and safety rorts.

• Upvote 1

The ultimate objective of City Council is to eliminate patrolling,ticketing and prosecuting involving people. They'll put up Rego recognition and have the computer issue tickets just like speedtax cameras.This way they improve bottom line by around 33% by cost elimination.

Okay, so I have the 30 June 2018 Westhaven Marina and extension Trust accounts - Westhaven Marina Limited.

Revenue from annual charges was $4.386m or about $2200 per berth.  Seems about right.  But....where is all the rental income?  Must be in Panuku's accounts.  How much is it?  Who knows, you cant see it.

So Westhaven Marina Limited runs at about zero profit, after management fees of $604k.  This is separate to staff costs of $777.8k which includes security.  Does not seem enough when I count up the staff in their photo :).  

I assume the management fee goes to Panuku.  The refurbishment fund in total stands at $1.46m.

Rent are therefore seemingly unrelated to the Westhaven MArina Limited costs.  I assume the "assets" sit in Panuku.

Okay, so I have the 30 June 2018 Westhaven Marina and extension Trust accounts - Westhaven Marina Limited.

Revenue from annual charges was $4.386m or about $2200 per berth.  Seems about right.  But....where is all the rental income?  Must be in Panuku's accounts.  How much is it?  Who knows, you cant see it.

So Westhaven Marina Limited runs at about zero profit, after management fees of $604k.  This is separate to staff costs of $777.8k which includes security.  Does not seem enough when I count up the staff in their photo :).  

I assume the management fee goes to Panuku.  The refurbishment fund in total stands at $1.46m.

Rent are therefore seemingly unrelated to the Westhaven MArina Limited costs.  I assume the "assets" sit in Panuku.

I've believe that as a berth lease owner, if you have Westhaven manage your berth in the rental pool you get market rate less 15%, this may be a part of the management fees of $604K?

Okay, I have another glass of wine, so off to look at the matching Panuku accounts again.

Panuku have berthage hire of $12.486m, yes 3 times the lease fees.  Know which part of the business I want  ;-).  Unfortunately we cant see the management fee.  Marinas are valued at $77.9m.  They have the Viaduct as well as Westhaven.

Okay, I have another glass of wine, so off to look at the matching Panuku accounts again.

Panuku have berthage hire of $12.486m, yes 3 times the lease fees.  Know which part of the business I want  ;-).  Unfortunately we cant see the management fee.  Marinas are valued at $77.9m.  They have the Viaduct as well as Westhaven.

Thinking further, I'd hazard a guess that Panuku is the lease holder of all Silo and Viaduct berths, that would blow my theory above, out of the water re management fees. Guessing with the proposed fee to drop an anchor per/metre in ACC controlled waters, that the current berthage/rental fees would be well in in excess of a million.. I'll join you with that wine.