Best sealant for genoa tracks?

Farrari

I found that one of my Genoa tracks was leaking over the weekend when I washed the deck down. I have pulled it up and notice the current sealant looks to be a relatively soft compound of some description. I was going to use a generic silicone sealant but figured I should ask those that know.

Any advise on the best sealant to use?

Any Urathane Adhesive Sealant will work just fine.

Remove the track and clean the old stuff away. Either tape edges and around the bedding area, or keep a rag and some WD40 or turps or Kero on hand. Apply plenty and push down into place with mounting bolts/screws. But no all the way home. Keep about the thickness of a match stick..ish and allow to cure overnight. Internally, the gunk will not have fully cured after the 24hrs. Now pull down full with the bolts and this will expand the gunk inside into a water tight seal that will last forever.

For that type of work use Sikaflex 291.

When applying sealant to your genoa track.

Cut the nozzle for a 3mm bead.

apply the bead right around the outside of the hole

apply some sika to the thread or bolt at the head end approx the thickness of the track and the deck.

Do not overtighten the bolts as you go, nip the whole lot up, then go back and re tighten, this stops the goop from gooshing out in one place.

Archived