Ross 1066 Margaritaville for sale again

Don't know why it's for sale again so soon, but I believe it was someone who crewed for the previous owner who bought it last time. So they already knew the boat etc.

I always liked it, have only sailed on it once for a rum race but have done lots of racing against it and it generally goes pretty well for a boat that's not much bigger than a 1020 and still has a comfy cruising interior.

Is/was there some ownership connection with the 930 "Wasted Away"? As well as the song, I seem to recall seeing the same unusual deck color when walking the pier at WH.

Is/was there some ownership connection with the 930 "Wasted Away"? As well as the song, I seem to recall seeing the same unusual deck color when walking the pier at WH.

Someone once told me there was. I forget the exact connection but I think it was same original owner.

I suspect the owner has a very busy season or 2 ahead of him and just may not have the time to use her.

What will have him very busy as is shown in one of the photos ;)

A big shiny silver rum holder that gazzilionairs spend gazzilions on making 75 ft dinghies that fly and go splat?

Yes the same guy who had Wasted Away had Margaritaville.  Then after many years he downsized and now has Wasted Away again...

I seem to recall a lineage of boats for the original owner:

Wasted Away

Wasted Away Again

Margaritaville

All purported to be Ross boats?

Could just be urban legend though...

I seem to recall a lineage of boats for the original owner:

Wasted Away

Wasted Away Again

Margaritaville

All purported to be Ross boats?

Could just be urban legend though...

Yes that’s right. They belonged to Gary Elliott, 1st two Ross 930s, then the Ross 1066. Gary’s now cruising in a Given Powercat - also called Margaritaville, and has bought back the original Wasted Away and racing it again.

Would love to own the 1066 - slightly out of the budget though.