Crew.org Marine only Forums

I have had a user or two ask if they can be removed form the political discussions and only see marine stuff.

So I have made another members group, that's exactly the same as the default members group EXCEPT it does not see any of the smalltalk forum.

If anyone else would like to be transferred to this group, so that this site really only shows sailing/marine forums, please let me know.

Matt

• Upvote 2

Nice inititive but I can't help but notice the cultural irony in this.

"I don't like what's in SmallTalk but I don't have the disiplne to stop myself having a peak once in a while - and then the micro agression hits me and I get all angry again at SmalTalk being on a sailing website!"

• Upvote 5

It's an OPTION people, Don't like it? Don't apply for it. For whatever reason people have asked for it, They have their reasons and it isn't being forced upon anyone else.

• Upvote 3

about a dozen members in the new group now, all but one seem to be working as anticipated. Anyone else??

It has been suggested that this should be the default members group, and that people should ask to join smalltalk. Opinions??

It has been suggested that this should be the default members group, and that people should ask to join smalltalk. Opinions??

I would not recommend it. If by default new members don't even see Small Talk, I would worry that a lot of the 'nonsense' will start to show up in other forums.

• Upvote 1

There is a fair bit of 'nonsense' in the other forums too, quite a bit of it sailing related. I think we should have someone censoring all the posts before they go up to make sure they are the truth and nothing but the truth, some of it is definitely just opinion and should not be allowed.

I am part of a bike forum and talking off topic occasionally is great, but then a lot of us know each other in real life so when someone says something outrageous or particularly idiotic you know where they are coming from. Always plenty of laughs. Sailing is the domain of cantankerous older males, and the ones who post regularly- well we are the worst of them all!!!

It’s wise to never admit to being a cyclist. They seem to be the least popular of life forms. Healthy specimens though.