Volvo MD7B and 120S Saildrive.

Casting the net a bit wide on this one which is somewhat of a  long shot but maybe somebody can help.

So I have a Volvo MD7B (3000 series) in the Carpenter 29 its mated to a 120S saildrive.(SD)

I'm considering fitting a low hrs Volvo 2002 engine and I'm told by the agency that it will bolt straight on. However after careful study I can see there will be a problem with the flywheel housing hitting the top of the  SD plinth. The reason is quite straightforward in that the MD7B has the flywheel at the front of the motor but the 2002 has it at the rear, so there is more of the engine protruding downward over the top of the plinth. Looking at the volvo brochures it seems that the Top Housing (Gearbox Housing) on the 2002 is of a different profile than the MD7B setup with about 40mm more "depth" or height in the housing.  This allows the motor to be mounted 40 mm higher off the plinth thus giving clearance for the flywheel. Has anybody with a 120S upgraded their motor and encountered this issue ?

For reference the Top Box is part of the saildrive assembly, not the engine. 

Chrs