Davidson 28 racing?

Hi crew,

I have a D28 based out of Hobsonville. I have race crew experience on other boats, but pretty limited experience racing my own.

I know my boat isn't going to be setting any records, but I'd like your thoughts on what you'd get in to with a boat like this. There are plenty of big light boats that glide past me, is there an active fleet more on my level?

I'm due for a sail refresh so trying to figure out what my goals for the boat are. If it's just cruising I'll make some different choices than if there is good fun and experience building to be had.

Note I'm usually short handed or solo as well.

All advice appreciated, cheers!

Ryc normally gets a good fleet in your sort of size range. Saw one of their winter series race starts and they had a division with lotus 9.2s, far 727s, trackers, a whiting quarter tonner and a Ross 830. A d28 should fit in quite happily in that sort of div. They also run a specific single handed series if you're keen on solo racing.

@tuffyluffy - yes I did a couple of those, and will be getting back in to them. My negative handicap in the Mark Foy is an interesting twist!

I've put down a deposit on the first new sail and started unloading all the accumulated junk from the boat to lighten the load a bit. Bring on summer evening sailing!