Team Fracking.

The Frackers have pulled one out of the “box’ so to speak and all these AC designs will be fast.

We will have to wait until Cagliari next year to get a better idea.

My pick is there will be little between them as the hulls are only platforms to hold the crew the flappy bilge keels and rig together until flight time is achieved.

Well I suppose this is the end of hooks and dial ups.

Isn't there a minimum weight the foils must be? Which would suggest that ETNZ foils may be constructed of something heavier than the other 3 to bring them up to min weight. Wouldn't think any of the teams would have 1 gram of extra weight that isn't required.

Would love to know where the pivot point for those foil arms are located. If it's centre of that large radius drum arrangement, then they would be sacrificing righting moment. But if that drum is like a cam arrangement, which would get the pivot further outboard, one would think they would be getting a little too close to exceeding the max draft when the arms a fully down.

Ok let’s put it another way the NZ boat is the only one that’s using all there foiling area not bulking up righting moment

Very different approach, I’m sure they will all come together, but to me forget the Hull shape that’s just a frame to hold all the parts together

As I understand it the pivot points for the foils are set in the class rules and are a specified distance (+/- 10mm or so from the centreline) or something like that, so in comparing all of the hull shapes take it that the foil pivots are almost in the same place relative to the centreline.

Theres some fatties and some slimmies, its going to be interesting.