Auckland Harbour racing area restrictions

Ed

In the first Wednesday night rnzys race I heard the club protested a number of boats for getting too close to the wharves. Not being one of those boats I'm not sure of the outcome but the results posted on the club website haven't changed so it doesn't appear anyone was dsqd.

Don't know why the sudden strict approach but it would seem that the days of hugging the wharves to get out of the tide are over.

We were one of those boats. We sailed no further in than we have in the last 20 years. We werent even hugging the wall at all as we were in a tacking duel with another boat. We tacked JUST inside Princess wharf where you enter the Viaduct after crossing from Stanely Point.

A committee boat came near us and gave us a thumbs down but we couldnt hear what they were saying and only found out the next day we were under protest.

Protest was withdrawn.

We were informed at the prizegiving that a number would be protested by the committee, and the boats were out there in the dark pointing to the offenders the error of their ways, but hey ho nothing occurred so that sends a different message to all of us I guess!