Little Shoal Bay Screw-Up

what's happening to the devonport haul out facilities?

Priscilla2 are you in the know or repeating what you've heard?  If there is any substance to the 'story' I'd expect its another nimby thing along the lines of Springs speedway albeit with a smaller group of supporters.

FWIW I used to be a member there yonks ago and it was not OK to leave a yacht on the hard for summer back then (i'm talking at least 15 years ago), so if that's what u meant by 'thinning' I'd say there's not much to it. 

So they finally got that digger out of the mud. Looked like quite the exercise.

A funny little video by Kids Stuff below, complete with the "Little Yellow Digger" childrens book, where they had to get a 'bigger, bigger digger, to get all the other diggers out of the mud"...

Looks like they used an Ace towing heavy vehicle tow truck, a second digger on swamp mats and a de-watering pump. Dug a ramp down to the tracks of the stuck digger, put in swamp mats, but amazingly, from the video it appears that the digger is actually working / operational, they drove it up out of the hole...

There is one guy in a wetsuit who is covered in so much mud he looks more like, well, he drew the short straw...

I wouldn't want to be picking up that bill.

PS, there is some BS about music awards on the same video, but the digger bit is up first. Got drone footage and all.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/kea-kids-news/117498340/watch-kea-kids-news-mammoth-effort-to-get-little-shoal-bays-stuck-digger-out

• Upvote 1

Looks like they hooked up a hydraulic power pack to operate it - smart thinking...

Ahh...

That would explain why it appeared to be working. I couldn't understand how they would get it to go under its own power after a week buried in the tide.