Batteries

Just got back to boat and find house batteries flat then of course find them dry. So up for new? Presently got the Endurant 6volt pair.Do I want them again, or go something cheaper, say 120 amphour ?

Modern batteries rarely die, they are murdered - like yours have been. Either overcharging or lack of maintenance. Like most things, you get what you pay for. Cheap batteries are crap. A good indicator of quality is weight. Lead weighs a lot, good batts have more of it.

Often it is cheaper to change to 12v batts than buy 2 6 volts. 

Whatever you decide, make absolutely certain that the voltages of your charging sources is within the battery manufacturer's recommendations for that model battery.

Otherwise, you will find yourself in the same situation again in a year or 3

IMO the best value out there is still VRSLA batts.

What IT said is pretty spot on. If you change chemistry make sure your sources can be programmed accordingly.

Also make sure the battery manufacturer publishes all the technical specifications so you can program charger controllers properly.

I dont feel so bad- they say E2, so 7 yr old.Had to remove to check, so that doesnt happen every day. Finances say buy cheap ( secondhand?)She has a Nextstep 2 alt regulator, and then find brochure for a BEP electronic regulator.Still finding my way