Theft on piles

Why are Westhaven security protecting criminals over the people that pay their wages? Why indeed? I can only think of one reason.

Or is it the privacy of the odd CEO that takes his secretary down to the boat at lunch time?

Heard of a bit of that when i was working as a broker down there. That was a lot of sunsets ago. Rumfog dulls the memory.

I'm sure it was another yachty as they left a pair of sailing gloves behind. I agree Waikiore, the boat is definately minimalist in stuff worth stealing. On a brighter note I was contacted by an officer in the Maritime police unit so someone has stirred up some action! To be fair I don't expect the police to spend much time on it as there are plenty more important things out there.

Boat theft doesn’t always get such low priority. We arrived late to our new to us boat on the tamaki river piles one night and were using torches to get ready for sleep as the lights were not working Some one thought we were thieves and rightly rang it in. Response was swift and included a helicopter overhead and about 3 cars on the riverside All good once I showed id and explained. We have been there for several years and never had anything go missing.

• Upvote 2

The question is,Did someone row out from the marina as being the closest or someone roaming around in dinghy targeting vessels just that other possible robberies havent been reported yet??

Thought security did their rounds via water??

• Upvote 1

Last summer I spent a huge amount of time in the marina as I was on extended holiday.  If I was so inclined I could have been all over the boats around me with no one noticing.  It is a big place and a lot of the time there are bugger all people around.  I have had security look in on me a few times, never asked me to prove it was my boat.