SNG ... What F**king Wankers

SloopJohnB

UP until racing started people's opinions of LE weren't much better than those of EB, but this seems to have changed since BMWO have won the race and LE has the charge of putting together the next AC. I will not be convinced he is the man to do it until it actually happens. Call me pessimistic but it is going to be a huge task to get the sailing world (and the rest of the world, sponsors etc...) interested in the AC again and bring it back to the days of 1995 - 2003. One must remember that LE is also a businessman and while it may not seem so at the moment everything he does will be based aroun making money, just as EB was doing. All this talk at the moment is very vague so will be interesting to see what actually happens.

I hope that what they come up with is the best AC seen yet, close racing and loose weather limits to allow racing in any conditions thrown at them (bar a repeat of hurricane Katrina!). Speed I don't think is a large factor as speed is relative, as long as the boats are evenly matched it will be interesting. Something different to what we have seen before would also be good, maybe smaller multi's might be the way to go. I think we might see a few more wing sails if the rules allow them, are they able to be trimmed manually? Or must one used a motor? Motor's are definitely not the go...

Hopefully seeing how much of an ass EB made of himself will temper those money making tendencies Benny.

The difference between the two of them in this regard also is that Larry has a sh*t load more money than EB, and is making it at a furious pace.

It may have been mentioned on here how much he was earning a second, but it was a mind boggling number.

The whole AC33 campaign may have cost him a week in earnings or something silly like that. :shock:

I think EB should be made to go sit in the corner.

From a source deep inside Alinghi.

They absolutely hate EB with a passion.

Very few of them will ever have anything to do with him again.

Don't be surprised if a few very big names get signed on by Coutts and Oracle!

At times during the racing I think it showed that some of the crew were well and truly

over it !

Yip.. there will be a few key players on the market by end of next weekend.

I doubt that they will look to Oracle...

I think something like "Numbers Racing Team" will rise from the ashes of Alinghi.

Question is, will LE and TE, fall in line with RC....RC has a well recognised record of throwing his toys first, and he's as pissed with Larry as Brad is with Ernesto

Two theatres of war on the go at present!

Watching Brad over the last couple of months and each time he looked older and less happy.

He shouldn't have been, cause it looked like he has been living in a Bakery

Archived