Searching for METRO

I h ad this Lotus until the Auckland storm hit, and wrote it off. The hull was badly damaged and the quote for

repair was over $50 grand. It's a wooden boat and the hull was pulled off the stringers and keelson.

It was "repaired" by a bloke who bought it off the insurance company, in a week and has been sold on. I  have

been unable to determine who the new owner is.

I'm concerned that someone has bought it and doesn't know that the repairs have only been done on

one side, and the other, under the water tank and sink etc has not been done. I'd hate to think of someone out

in it in rough weather.

Yeah- I know its' "buyer beware" and that people should get a survey done, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

If anyone knows of the new owner, and can get them to get in touch with me, I'd appreciate it, for safety's sake.

cheers

Alibaba

Good on you for posting this. More info on the "repairer" would be good.

There's a guy I've been tracking on trademe who has multiple accounts and starts new ones when he gets found out as a crook. I've reported him to trademe but they don't care. His modus operandi is to buy old boats for peanuts, tizz them up a bit then sell them. They are still junk. He goes under different names including Jason and Rudolf.

Good on you for posting this. More info on the "repairer" would be good.

There's a guy I've been tracking on trademe who has multiple accounts and starts new ones when he gets found out as a crook. I've reported him to trademe but they don't care. His modus operandi is to buy old boats for peanuts, tizz them up a bit then sell them. They are still junk. He goes under different names including Jason and Rudolf.

Yep,I questioned him once and got black listed,was interested on a jack Cropp about 5yrs ago,didnt like my question

hmmmm- interesting coincidence,, the guy who bought the boat off the insurance company was called Jason.

I believe he had another boat for sale a couple of weeks ago at Milford MArina if it is the same guy.

hmmmm- interesting coincidence,, the guy who bought the boat off the insurance company was called Jason.

I believe he had another boat for sale a couple of weeks ago at Milford MArina if it is the same guy.

Was it a whiting 1/4 tonner ?

Yep,I questioned him once and got black listed,was interested on a jack Cropp about 5yrs ago,didnt like my question

You mean the one that’s still for sale, as a Farr built in 1990, albeit for about Alf the original price?

Pretty sure Metro went back on Trade me after he repaired it and put it back in the water and found it leaked badly. His repair was really dodgy, with screws and bog holding it together and the screw holes leaked. He posted a video somewhere that I watched.

You mean the one that’s still for sale, as a Farr built in 1990, albeit for about Alf the original price?

He was selling one at Okahu Bay haul out $15k,Had a boat builder(who happened to working on vessel next door)He said it had delaminated as very unfair. Question Jason about it and got blocked.

This is the fellow. He bought it for 7500 off vero insurance, put it on the market 2 weeks later for 12500. Didn't sell it,took it off the market and took it up to Mahurangi and a mooring off Scott's landing. On one of his videos selling another boat at Milford, he mentioned he'd sold Metro. That's as far as I've got.

yep he is in trade so subject

This in trade status lets buyers know they're dealing with a trader, and that they will have protection under the Consumer Guarantees Act.

Good luck with that.He would some wierd and wonderful excuse to cover himself.

Just checked 5yrs on still blocked.