Issue with site database

Did "Shore power"  get swallowed by the ether?

Or was it removed on purpose?

Cheers for your effort to correct Matt.

Can you do a clean install of the server system files like an OS and retain existing files or

do you have to repair?

I suppose each site is highly customized, ugg!

Recovered the Shore Power thread...

The situation is now that Karl (mothership) has promised to look at the upgrade to v4 on monday. 

I've also been looking at possibly moving the entire site to a specalist host who will both host and support the site 24/7. However, there is, of course, a cost to that. It's more than the site currently earns by it's limited advertising......

Yeah, nah... :-(

Its all good IT, change is the only constant and all of that.

Just like I've had to work out how to use Windows 10 instead of 7, my web browser is suddenly Edge instead of Chrome, I can't find the page zoom in button in Adobe but I can sign and edit documents to my hearts content, oh and I'm now almost used to the Metservice page "upgrades" that were a giant leap backwards, I have now adapted and learnt how to use the new crew.org platform.

For me the topic view doesn't work, so I just click on topics from the contents page. When making a post, it just saves and saves, but clicking on another topic and coming back to it my post is always there. And threads don't show the latest posts, so I click on them anyway to see what was said. But I can still post twaddlebollocks to my hearts content and banter with other like minded individuals, so the platform still achieves its desired outcome in that regard.

If you were from Silicon valley and worth moon beams you'd be marketing this as innovative new user interface improvements developed by years of IT R&D, complete with a massive launch party and global media coverage. And probably spam our facebook pages with how great the improvements are until we actually believe that our paradigm of what we thought was a working forum board was all wrong, and people way smarter than use have fixed it for us, even though we don't think it works as well as it used to.

Been a bit of a misson, but the database is now fixed. :-) 

I now have full access to the system, which helps!

There a two small issues to sort, then I can update the site to the latest version, about 4 years newer than this!!

Watch this space.