The Coastal Classic weather thread

tuffyluffy

Metservice rural forecast for Northland has Southwesterlies fading to "Not much wind" & "Light Winds". At least they are not predicting rain.

I can predict with absolute confidence that there is a 100% chance of weather occurring during the Coastal Classic.

That's about as helpful as I can be at this stage.

A careful analysis of all available long range forecasts shows a very high likelyhood of a blocking high moving onto the country at apprximately the very time we don't want it to. This will lead to very light to feck all wind for the period of the race.

Land effects will dominate with boats going around in circles chasing seabreeze in the day and drainage winds at night.

The caravans will be fucked. May as well put three extra chooks in the oven and fill the fridge up with slabs of beer. The Winnabagoe may as well stay in Westhaven.

On the other hand I do note a flurry of entries of Elliot trailer boats in Div 5 all of a sudden :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Team Vodafone loosing overall handicap victory to a 20 year old trailer boat :clap:

I can't say it's looking quite the same as last year.

if the WindGuru and other sites are to believed at this early stage in fact looking at Northland regional instead of Auckland may well be showing more optimism about progress than is really justified.

Not to worry, it's early and really, it can't be as bad as the Tauranga race ... probably.

OK I admit it, it's all my fault. Fearing, with some basis in fact, that the M1 could still be a trifle damp to sail I went out and invested in new wet weather gear and boots

I apologize for my poorly thought out actions

OK I admit it, it's all my fault. Fearing, with some basis in fact, that the M1 could still be a trifle damp to sail I went out and invested in new wet weather gear and boots

Wal, what r u talking about?

U never get we on M1, she is probably the driest boat in the country at speed. Lol.

sh*t Wal.. I thought you had learnt by now! No wet weather gear until the day before! now it will be a drift off :-)

Thursday 21 Occasional showers. Southwesterlies.

Friday 22 Becoming fine. Southwesterlies dying out.

Saturday 23 Dry. Little wind. :wtf:

Maybe we can bring the start forward to thursday :wave:

Vietnam race has been canned due to a hurricane in the south china sea so I will be back for the coastal, shithot!

Dont know what i will go on yet, might depend on the weather......

Na the new boat was scary enough in 25kts yesterday! sitting on 20+kts in the windward lewards!

Seriously cool boat thou, it was our first regatta in it. Could be a good fun Asian circut again this year.

Sounds like this cyclone might cause some issues up here, its been upgraded to a 'Super typhon' now. The boats will all head into a huricane hole soon.

Freefire.jpg

Can't see us getting anything resembling that in the Coastal but the weather picture has improved through the day at least, could do with a bit more later on.

Just had a look at Metvuw. It doesn't look so ba... Oh sh*t yeah I see. Bugger... I'll be polishing my boat... But I'll go up north head and watch you guys sail past - looks like there'll be a bit of puff at the start anyways :thumbup:

Archived