Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

Just reading "Westhaven news"  "you may not self isolate on your boat" at least for no more than 1 night, have to anchor out instead, perhaps.

Thats extaordinarily mean spirited given the curcumstances. I would also say impossible to enforce.
  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha, this Govt is a bunch of crayon eaters! If they were serious we would have closed the borders some time ago.

Sorry to see SNZ go. It's part of life to  try and understand different points of view.....even when you disagree!

While I disagree with some of these rules, or more to the point, I'm just disappointing I can't go sailing, now is not a time to be second guessing, now is the time to be compliant. The powers th

Posted Images

Just reading "Westhaven news"  "you may not self isolate on your boat" at least for no more than 1 night, have to anchor out instead, perhaps.

If security come knocking, just cough once or twice, or let out a good sneeze, and see if they hang around long enough to argue the point...

I can understand WH's concerns if people in quarantine on their boats are using the shared facility toilets and showers. That would not be so cool (or hygienic), as for people just hanging on their boats for 14 days, no probs. (maybe invest in one of those composting heads), not a lot of boats would have a 14 day holding tank, but I don't think that is a headline issue given the circumstances

A funny Courier story. Courier had to knock on the door, step back 2 metres and place parcel on the Ground and wait for door tp be answered. They then have to write COV19 and you name on your behalf. No one else is allowed to touch the touch screen.

Take care friends, this is a shitstorm alright. Speaking to some people recently who seem to think that she'll be right is the answer...wtf! Definitely dont panic but do your bit, wash hands etc be civic minded and think that anyone you meet may be infected and take precautions; i.e dont rush up and kiss them :)  

Some people are saying this is the thinning of the herd, don't worry it or about the oldies etc, the kindest thing I can say is that they are morons.

Well get through this but it may take some time and we are better to be ahead of the curve than behind it, so I think YC's should be closing the bars for post match at the very least.

it aint just the flu, Italy had 500 deaths and counting from it today I hear.

Italy will probably have a net gain in population due to the virus. If they're quarantined, stuck indoors and not driving then they wont be one of the 3-4,000 that die on their roads each year.

Thats 475 deaths in Italy in a day.

Italian death toll is at 3,000

35,713 confirmed cases.

For anyone that is a bit slow at maths, that is a death rate of 8.4%

8.4% of NZ's population is 420,000.

Some humour is appreciated, but under the humour people really do need to take this seriously.

I fully support your sentiments Mate, we need social pressure to ensure everyone is doing their bit.

This is our generations World War 2, and all we are being called on to do, is sit on the sofa and watch netflix...

Unless you are a health professional, in which case I salute you, you are the nation's front line.

Italy will probably have a net gain in population due to the virus. If they're quarantined, stuck indoors and not driving then they wont be one of the 3-4,000 that die on their roads each year.

3,000 have already died from the virus, in about 4 weeks, so your road toll is out the window. What isn't being mentioned, is all the other life saving medical procedures, surgeries etc that are not happening cause the health system is swamped.

I spoke to my GP yesterday about getting my daughters adenoids and tonsils out, he just laughed and said it wont happen this winter on the public system... end of conversation.

Appreciate an attempt at humour, but without countermeasures, this virus can double infections every 5-6 days. Thats why its called 'going viral....'

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Excellent analysis.... A bit long but both frightening and reassuring. Bottom line is that this is a serious event but it can be made much less serious by some of the tactics currently being employed and conversely can be made much worse by inaction.

That medium article is not so accurate but the sentiments are spot on- act now. 

Seriously we should have pulled up the drawbridge weeks ago, no one in without a neg covid test, end of story. Fish has stated the reality, if our health system is stretched currently then hows it going to look when 5 or 10,000 need ICU care? Don't you or a loved one have an accident or need surgery because you will be f*cked.

Tuffy, no time for whataboutism, our normal death rate is 7.6 per thousand per year, they are saying 70% could get it. even best case scenario is 1% of that is huge. No need for drama as I am sure it will be a lot less-maybe only a few thousand but you can be sure of one thing- people who are going about there business today will be dead from this before the year is out, just make sure you and I are not contributing to the spread.