Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

WARNING - this maybe in the wrong area or may not be. It says small talk but the thread has 'sailing' in it's title so wouldn't that make it 'Marine'? I'm so confused.

Harrytom, Help... I may need counselling ;)

22 hours ago, bigal.nz said:

The problem is rules need to be made according to the lowest common denominator - that is not most people on here...but nevertheless it has to be the same for everyone.

Yeap many don't mind being treated as a thicko but luckily there are enuff that refuse that premise.

Just came back down to the virusburbs and saw one plod wagon on check point control 100mts right of where we turned left onto SH12. Saw some plods in Wellsford and thought here we go but I smiled at them and gave a wee nod, they did the same in return and went on about their business. Turned off the motorway at Taka and would have laid $1000 down on the fact that the lock down had been lifted. Got home to find it wasn't.

I went to the supermarket and if I don't have covid now I'll never get it. Talk about a sick twisted joke 'stay at home but it's OK to go the supermarket', whoever says that must be gunning for NZ Comedian of the decade.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha, this Govt is a bunch of crayon eaters! If they were serious we would have closed the borders some time ago.

Sorry to see SNZ go. It's part of life to  try and understand different points of view.....even when you disagree!

While I disagree with some of these rules, or more to the point, I'm just disappointing I can't go sailing, now is not a time to be second guessing, now is the time to be compliant. The powers th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bigal.nz said:

I don't often agree with Sailing NZ, but I there is some merit in what he says. Ardern's not all bad, but here is some perspective:

NZ are in the position we are in due to Ardern following the advice of experts,  which by some accounts she has been doing reluctantly....read on:

There is rumor that on Friday the 13th March Arden and Bloomfield had harsh words. Bloomfield offered his resignation effective immediately if Arden went ahead with the Christchurch memorial service. If that's true, Ardern is having to be pushed into doing the correct thing over running a public event where she would score political points.

Then there is the issue of transparency - government were not transparent on why the testing criteria was so tight initially, why they didn't quarantine everyone coming across the border initially, no explanation given for yesterdays 18 (see the negative numbers on the MoH tally, it wasn't really 18).

What was the problem with government admitting that in the early days we didn't have the testing capacity, or that we didn't have the resources to quarantine everyone coming across the border?

Bloomfield deserves more of the credit IMHO.

Spot on and there's more of that political manipulation happening than meets the eye.

She is just a mouthpiece who spins ( courtesy of her speech writers) the negatives into positives, and constantly makes out that these decisions are all hers despite us all Knowing Bloomfield is running front office following the WHO guidelines.. but Cindy's is running the sweeper and changing stuff to get get image up there, and look good.

The gullible, of which there are plenty, can't see past the smile and the way she bully's the press.... Mind you most reporters are lame and do not have the kahuna' s to ask the hard questions.

Here's the thing, why did we isolate the first of the inbound kiwis in campervans at Whangaparoa, then drop the high standard, and let in so many people in on a dumb "self isolation rule"?

Why did that happen?...  Was it Bloomfield or Ardern? Who made that call?

That change allowed so many virus ridden people in and forced Cindy to go L4!!!...  And they only brought back full quarantine 3 days ago!... 

That one mistake has cost 4 lives, and many billions of dollars

Who was responsible? Cindy or Bloomfield.... I think that was Cindy's call.

That's right SNZ..... Jacinderella is looking more and more like all those economic geniuses that ran Telecom when it took over the Post Office monopoly. Paid millions (Theresa Gatting was one) to run it into the ground once they lost their monopoly. Don't judge by the half time score. I agree with the present situation but she took too long , far too long to stop importing the virus via visitors. And returning NZers should have been put in supervised quarantine.  But she'll "spin" her way out, like always and some will believe her.

2 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

WARNING - this maybe in the wrong area or may not be. It says small talk but the thread has 'sailing' in it's title so wouldn't that make it 'Marine'? I'm so confused.

Harrytom, Help... I may need counselling ;)

Yeap many don't mind being treated as a thicko but luckily there are enuff that refuse that premise.

Just came back down to the virusburbs and saw one plod wagon on check point control 100mts right of where we turned left onto SH12. Saw some plods in Wellsford and thought here we go but I smiled at them and gave a wee nod, they did the same in return and went on about their business. Turned off the motorway at Taka and would have laid $1000 down on the fact that the lock down had been lifted. Got home to find it wasn't.

I went to the supermarket and if I don't have covid now I'll never get it. Talk about a sick twisted joke 'stay at home but it's OK to go the supermarket', whoever says that must be gunning for NZ Comedian of the decade.

Post removed, user given a 30 day holiday.

Edited by Island Time
Abusive behaviour
34 minutes ago, armchairadmiral said:

That's right SNZ..... Jacinderella is looking more and more like all those economic geniuses that ran Telecom when it took over the Post Office monopoly. Paid millions (Theresa Gatting was one) to run it into the ground once they lost their monopoly. Don't judge by the half time score. I agree with the present situation but she took too long , far too long to stop importing the virus via visitors. And returning NZers should have been put in supervised quarantine.  But she'll "spin" her way out, like always and some will believe her.

Thank Admiral, ...

Like I said previously.   If there is an armed offender in your street do you

1. Let him in your house to have a Love fest

2. Let him roam around the hood till he goes home bored

3. Put road blocks up, shut down the hood, Lock down all homes, put in the armed offender squad, deploy drones to find the threat, and employ a "eliminate the threat" at any cost rule .

4. (Cindy's rule),..   put up road blocks then pull them Down. Leave the home owners to self protect, employ 2 cops but don't let them enforce the rules with tough policing, deploy a limited number of tests ( drones) to just search one street. Employ a eliminate the threat " positional statement"  but don't resource it correctly.. but... Do have a Head of police contradict you while not understanding the plan.... That's what we got .  ....

...Yip!, And people think Cindy's doing a great job ...yet,  5 deaths and 30 billion dollars later we are still in lockdown