Site Upgrade Friday (20th) Morning

Please note this site will not be available Friday morning, while I try an upgrade to the current version of Invision Community ( The site platform). 

I will take the site down at about 9am, then backup and attempt the upgrade. If all goes well it will be a couple of hours. 

If I have to restore, then we'll see what happens I guess...

Please bear with us, it will be worth it, with lots of functional updates :-)

Hopefully it will work the 1st time!

Matt

• Upvote 1

OK, the main site update is done. There are a lot of differences in this version, for me to learn as well as you guys and gals. Perhaps one of the first is that some users had an account name, and a display name. Now you only have a display name...

Lots of other stuff, I'll get to that, but more stuff to fix first!

And its not even Friday! Due to a communications error with one of Karls server guys, a change was made to the server that broke the old system, so we did the update today. Still quite a bit to sort out, but its going.... :-)

Wheels, I hope its better! Been a lot of time and effort, I'd be pissed if it was worse! 

There are lots of new features, some of which are not yet enabled, while I figure out how they work. More to come.

Loving the new platform IT, really good new features and I logged in just fine with my display name (it did offer my email as default, which might be confusing people).

Thanks for all your hard work on the site.

9 minutes ago, ex Elly said:

Yep it's not easy to log in.  Account name doesn't work, email doesn't work, I had to use display name.

The Display names have now replaced the old account user names in this version. The only option in the upgrade was that or to loose the display names and have account names only. So that would be confusing, as some would not be recognized as the same poster. I had to pick one, and you'll all get used to it!

• Upvote 1