Boating now heavily restricted

Nope. If you are already out, living aboard, you are still supposed to stay there. As at this morning, I just called the maritime unit and asked.

You can go home ( if you have one) but then must stay there.  Otherwise you can not move except for safety, medical, or food.

2 hours ago, 44forty said:

What about the rest of the country that doesn’t have the gulf on the door step ? Or a boat in the marina ?  Fark no wonder there is great disdain for Aucklanders and larger boat owners 

They Holden Crewmans and get them back to show room condition

3 hours ago, 44forty said:

What about the rest of the country that doesn’t have the gulf on the door step ? Or a boat in the marina ?  Fark no wonder there is great disdain for Aucklanders and larger boat owners 

Exactly, as an Aucklander I really don't give a flying poo about the rest of the country, and yes I have a huge boat, fark the rest of you blah blah..................or I could have a genuine concern about human rights, but you clearly understand me so well.

So it’s not possible to go to Fiji , raro etc or to Q town , Wellington or wherever for a break but it should be ok to go cruising ? 

im an ex Aucklander and have many friends and family there . I’ve also worked at several outfits that built large boats , power and sail in auck .

Im not anti either of the above but sometimes understand the anti Auckland sentiment and the anti large boat view 

How is it ok to go cruising? You have to stay where you are. If at home, your stuck there. Same at batch or boat. You have to stay where you are , in your bubble.

I fail to see why this is so hard to follow.

28 minutes ago, Island Time said:

How is it ok to go cruising? You have to stay where you are. If at home, your stuck there. Same at batch or boat. You have to stay where you are , in your bubble.

I fail to see why this is so hard to follow.

Exactly the point I’m trying to convey . Everyone has had their recreational activities curtailed , from bridge players to tigermoth enthusiasts and maybe we will see some of them on the news or in the media soon ...”.illegal bridge tournament uncovered at banes wokes and wankers warehouse in wairau valley “ for example 

34 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

You fella are the Holden Sandman generation. Hell there is a high chance someone reading this was conceived in one and while their probably stoned n pissed parents had this mob playing on the cars cassette player :)

What about the "Eight Track" cartridges.

Come on now Mr. Knot, you do have an interesting perspective - well, mostly 

But you need to be respectful and play nice 

For myself, I'd like you to be able to stick around for a while. 

(On lockdown here by the Sweetwater Seas, the Admiral and I have been watching a good bit of 

old US film "noir' on YouTube. Dark stuff, a lot of it) 

May you find peace, or peace find you - whichever comes first

4 hours ago, Island Time said:

Nope. If you are already out, living aboard, you are still supposed to stay there. As at this morning, I just called the maritime unit and asked.

You can go home ( if you have one) but then must stay there.  Otherwise you can not move except for safety, medical, or food.

your restrictions are tougher than ours, we'll just have to wait a month (or more?) to find out if yours have been more efficacious. 

Here by the Sweetwater Seas, for now all the yacht club facilities are closed; but the marine service folks are still allowed to splash 

boats, and we are still allowed to be out there. These rules are state-by-state in the US; and they can change at any time. 

Wheels et al make a good point about recreational boaters tying up rescue/first responder resources. 

Your attitude of "all in this together" will get you through it. 

Love ya to pieces 

1 hour ago, Fish said:

Wait till Thursday, details of L3 will look like should be announced then (tomorrow, already, how did that happen?)

Eh ? Really  ?   thought it was Monday ? Hope they don’t cross the line early . Would hate to go back for a recall 

No no, tomorrow they should announce what level 3 means, i.e. its requirements are. What can you do, and specifically what businessmen can plan for to start doing again.

Monday is the announcement if any areas get to come out of level 4 on the following Wednesday, or if we get to stay home and split firewood with an axe cause we can't get to the gym or hire a log splitter... (I've got an epic pile of rounds to go, but I'm gonna be rip'd by the end of lock down...)

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Fish said:

No no, tomorrow they should announce what level 3 means, i.e. its requirements are. What can you do, and specifically what businessmen can plan for to start doing again.

Monday is the announcement if any areas get to come out of level 4 on the following Wednesday, or if we get to stay home and split firewood with an axe cause we can't get to the gym or hire a log splitter... (I've got an epic pile of rounds to go, but I'm gonna be rip'd by the end of lock down...)

Ha ha I’ve got a pile of macrocarpa rounds to split . Gym is less dangerous 

• Upvote 1