Boating now heavily restricted

On 30/04/2020 at 7:52 PM, Fish said:

Who is this Yachting NZ you guys keep on referring to? I've never heard of them, are they supposed to do something? I've certainly never seen them do anything.

They're some PR firm up north that are the mouth piece for professional sailing. 

7 hours ago, Dtwo said:

We should feel fortunate that our police do their jobs like this

Why?

Wasting a while lot of time (and tax-payers money) wandering around giving people friendly warnings and second chances when they should be slamming them with a charge straight up.

Yes, sure they are talking to everyone with respect but they are also treating adults like forgetful 5yr olds. That last case was a perfect example. Those guys were not only in the wrong but they LIED to the police with their initial answers but still got off with a ‘go home’ warning. WTF?!

This isn’t day 2 of lockdown it’s month 2. The ‘warm & fuzzy’ approach should be long gone and the handcuffs should be out.

Videos  this make me feel like I’ve been an idiot sticking to the letter of the law since day 1 of this whole episode and I feel like breaking out of any restrictions back to totally normal behaviour tomorrow morning - because the consequences if I’m caught are obviously nil. Seriously.

• Upvote 3

Yup, instant fine the selfish f*ckwits.

As Aleana says, this is not week one. People know the rules. They break them with intent.

Same to the idiots at burger fuel.

Personally I'm a fan of going all North Korea on their arses and shooting them, but my wife says I cant say that sort of thing in public.  So i better not say that here either.

• Upvote 3
8 hours ago, Tamure said:

dont know about you lot but I am hanging out big time for a bit of cold saltwater and wind.

Well, on a positive note, I'm taking up surfing. A very cheap and permitted way of getting a bit of cold saltwater and wind....

And teaching the kids to paddle board. Went out Friday evening (paddling) with the kids sitting on my board, glassy calm, saw a stingray, loads of sprats jumping clear out of the water, plenty of marine life, watched the light changing and the sun set while paddling around the bay... best Friday night in ages.

Good specials on at the moment for gear. T7 are having an end of season 50% clear out, although the couriers are buried and somewhat slow delivering stuff, they do do click and collect, but they have to courier stuff between stores and your pick up store.

I'm still getting my head around this surfing thing though. Apparently these boards don't need antifouling? Don't need a sail replaced every couple of years... Turns out I can buy 17 surfboards for the price of servicing my life raft... and you can keep both surf boards and paddle boards in your shed - no marina fees, no moorings, no mooring inspections. Not even any insurance... imagine. Next on the list is learning to windsurf, I just need to work out how to sell the idea to the missus, why we need all these water toys and a yacht, hmmm, anyone want to buy a yacht? lightly used...

Stranded at sea for months due to Covid-19 and refused port three times, sailor docks in Fiji

Wong Tetchoong set off from Singapore in February but the coronavirus pandemic meant he could not find anywhere to dock

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/05/stranded-at-sea-for-months-due-to-covid-19-and-refused-port-three-times-sailor-docks-in-fiji

11 hours ago, Deep Purple said:

Mahurangi looking up the river? Grants Island?

Spot on there DP.  Anchored in about 30-40 knots, bit of tide too 8<(

Yep, we just sit here and take it, we're 15 tons and it has to be over 30 before we really notice.  SW 20-25 at the mo - but the tide just changed......8>(