It was all going so well, but hopes that Cabinet's review today could see restrictions eased as early as Monday have been dealt a blow.

Yesterday a new case emerged in Auckland that appeared to be unconnected to the existing Auckland cluster or the maintenance worker at Rydges Hotel.

They are an employee of a retail store in Westfield St Luke's who went to work four times after August 12.

The case may yet be linked to the existing cluster, with the results of genome sequencing expected before PM Jacinda Ardern's press conference at 1pm today.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ACA, sorry, what a pile of crap. I'll not allow this site to be a propagator of completely unfounded conspiracy theories.I'm considering deleting your post above.....

BP - legitamite epidemiologists will be relying on exactly the information being covererd by these investigative journalists as they try to established how this virus was able to spread so widely with

This is a political thread. Consistency please, move this one as well.

Posted Images

Here's a gem for you to think about.  The existence of an external menace then, is essential to social cohesiveness as well as the acceptance of political authority. The menace must be believable, it must be of a magnitude consistent with the complexity of the society threatened and it must appear at least, to affect the entire society. CC was losing its impetus as a social threat, so enter Covid19. Fulfils all requirements to scare the crap out of most people. This isn't going to be 'stamped out' as Dear Leader espouses. Wouldn't be surprised if this Guvmit tries a Dan Andrews and tries to become Leader for life like Putin and Xi Piang.

Because it reinforces the idea that Covid 19 is not a real threat, that it is being used by the government (s, not just NZ) as a way of controlling the population, for their own benefit. Your reference to JA as "dear leader" also reinforces this idea. If you genuinely believe our government is communist, then you have a misguided view of what a communist country really is. 

Feeding the conspiracy theorists is not beneficial to this site, sailing, or anything useful that I can see.

4 hours ago, Island Time said:

Because it reinforces the idea that Covid 19 is not a real threat, that it is being used by the government (s, not just NZ) as a way of controlling the population, for their own benefit. Your reference to JA as "dear leader" also reinforces this idea. If you genuinely believe our government is communist, then you have a misguided view of what a communist country really is. 

Feeding the conspiracy theorists is not beneficial to this site, sailing, or anything useful that I can see.

OK,I understand your concern. Also have just read the paper and its report on conspiracy theories and the activities of Billy Te k. Definitely not in that league. BTW have had dealings with him in business and he is to be  carefully watched !. I've been to China a few times and I understand first hand how a Communist state works. ....seen the pluses and the minuses and its not for us.

5 minutes ago, armchairadmiral said:

OK,I understand your concern. 

AA my friend, you were out of line. 

You wrote  . . this Guvmit tries a Dan Andrews and tries to become Leader for life like Putin and Xi Piang.

Not your most cogent analysis. 

Covid-19 can survive on frozen meat and fish for up to three weeks, a study has found, as scientists warn that contaminated food may cause outbreaks.

Individual pieces of salmon, chicken and pork from supermarkets in Singapore were sliced into cubes then a sample of the virus was added to them.

The meat and fish was stored in conditions which simulate those used to transport food between countries - 4C (standard refrigeration temperature) and minus 20C (standard freezing temperature).

Scientists found that infectious Covid-19 was still present on the samples after 21 days.

They are now warning that this may explain outbreaks in countries that have not had any coronavirus cases for long periods - and could lead to future spikes.

The study states: "An explanation is required for the re-emergence of Covid-19 outbreaks in regions with apparent local eradication. Recent outbreaks have emerged in Vietnam, New Zealand and parts of China where there had been no cases for some months.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12359546