Inverter help

Mastervolt, Victron. Make sure that the case, if metal, is grounded. Good ones have a ground stud. Also, the DC input should be fused, and the AC should go out thru a RCBO.

If its cost sensitive, a powertech one from Jaycar are ok...

It is best to ensure that what you are wanting to power, does not have a higher starting current than the Inverter can handle. Just as an example, for older Microwaves, they need an inverter that can supply 3x the run current to start them. The new inverter powered Microwaves have soft start, so not so much of a problem.
Make sure you go for an Inverter that has a Pure Sine wave output. This will run anything electronic. Many electronic devices, like say a TV, can be noisy on a sh cheaper Modified Sine Wave output. Some digital devices like say the display on a Microwave, may not work at all with a noisy supply.
I would also go slightly larger in output, providing physical size is OK. So for instance, if you need1700W, go for 2Kw.
Apart from that, IT has given you some real good names if you want quality.

Also need to check you have the battery capacity to feed the inverter, a 1200W microwave with conversion inefficiencies can draw ~ 150amps at 12V.

Cabling is expensive, even at trade the cost for 70mm2 cable on my installation was eye watering.

I have all cable sizes in stock up to 95mm2. Can make any cables you may need. However, I'd suggest that you keep the inverter as close to the batt bank as possible, to minimise cable requirements. So an inverter with a remote switch or control panel is good.

Thanks guys for the advice, the company that we have brought the MV from, have a german agency, but the units are very expensive, like twice the Victron units. So hopely they can install a unit of my choice. 

Sorry if you have this but why 1700w

domestic appliance eg electric jug, toaster, microwave, hairdryer etc are all about 2000w

why wouldn’t you go 2200 or 2500w and not then need to source special appliances 

or if it’s just for low draw gear then you can get away with say 400w, that’s what we use to run TV, charge phones and laptop etc

just thought I’d ask ?