Should the Yachting New Zealand approach the ISAF?

SloopJohnB

Should the YNZ approach the ISAF about the disgraceful behavior of some AC33 officials?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should the YNZ approach the ISAF about the disgraceful behavior of some AC33 officials?

• Yes asking for banning of people involved.
    • Yes just giving a warning.
    • No let them walk away.

The YNZ on behalf of the grassroots sailors should approach the ISAF express the greatest concern about the the disgusting behavior by some members of the SNG before the start of the 2nd race of the AC33, putting one of New Zealand's best RO, Harold Bennett in a very awkward situation to getting the race started.

YNZ should clearly be approaching the ISAF about this behaviour.

But in fact YNZ should also be telling ISAF that we have lost faith in them (ISAF) becauce they took a bribe from EB and allowed Allinghi to write rules which were totally one sided in favour of the defender.

If LE hadnt gone to court a number of times to ensure a level playing field, EB would have had such an advantage it would have been a joke.

It is one of ISAF's primary responsibilities to ensure fair racing and opportunity. They clearly were prepaired to sell this responsibility for some swiss gold.

I say YNZ should register a vote of no confidence in the administration and demand an enquiry.

Lets remember that EB had the right to unilateraly vary the Sailing instructions at any time.

What bullshit.

I think, yep bitch to ISAF. but they were only being morons doing what EB suggested.

They only guilty of being stupid.

You don't need to ban them, but just don't invite them anymore

I think, yep bitch to ISAF. but they were only being morons doing what EB suggested.

Yea but hang on a minute these are the people who control world sailing, so its not a matter of us inviting them, its them who invite us. Serve the fuckers with a rule 26? (is this the right one for sportsmanship) and get rid of the whole ISAF. EB was just doing as much as he could get away with, or buy. they were the ones who sold out.

The ISAF are meant to be the ones upholding the sport not aiding and abeting cheating cocks like Brad and Ernesto.

From the outside it looks like a rule 69 situation and it could easly go down like that, if you feel strongly that this is the correct action and action need to be taken you are able to instigate a rule 69 protests yourself. it is not necessary to come from the people involved.

Yea but hang on a minute these are the people who control world sailing, so its not a matter of us inviting them, its them who invite us. Serve the fuckers with a rule 26? (is this the right one for sportsmanship) and get rid of the whole ISAF. EB was just doing as much as he could get away with, or buy. they were the ones who sold out.

The ISAF are meant to be the ones upholding the sport not aiding and abeting cheating cocks like Brad and Ernesto.

Point taken, allow me to recind and say. Hang Em high

Archived