Cruising is on the way out

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I don't want any boat turning up for example in Fiji.  Fiji has said they don't want us. Fiji will tell us when they do want us. Disregard this and they will be pissed off.  Piss them off and the next boat to arrive (even if doing everything by the book) won't be as welcome . To the best of my knowledge no one is accepting cruising sailboats st present. 

No problem with your example.  But with 8 or 9 leaving yes I am worried.  It only takes one arrogant twat to ruin it for all 

BP have a look on Noonsite, under places that are open now to cruisers Fiji is included, A clear test before sailing and a 14 day journey, once they clear you (only entry point is Denarau) you are free to visit all the Fijian islands.

Apparently they're Merican.... They sure sound Merican.

Asked why they shouldn't stay longer in New Zealand Renee replied: "Eww, it's cold, it's winter. There's not going to be a lot of adventure. We're not travelling, we're just living on a boat."

"If we stay in New Zealand we probably won't put videos out because there's really nothing to film and who wants to watch a family living on a boat doing nothing but school and living life like normal? Maybe we could get the kids involved in a New Zealand soccer team or something."

I had watched a few of their episodes on YouTube and am pretty happy they've decided to leave the country. They had no respect for lock-down rules or the social distancing measures taken under level 3 and were constantly whining about everything here unless they were getting a freebie in return for promoting it. Redneck, self entitled narcissists...

• Upvote 3

Yep, seems they are not what my idea of a good cruiser should be - Self sufficient, helping the locals with any problems that they have expertise in, and trying to leave things a little better than they found them. Rather than promoting themselves for money. I guess I'm just out of date now...

On 6/07/2020 at 5:58 AM, Rangi1 said:

I had watched a few of their episodes on YouTube and am pretty happy they've decided to leave the country. They had no respect for lock-down rules or the social distancing measures taken under level 3 and were constantly whining about everything here unless they were getting a freebie in return for promoting it. Redneck, self entitled narcissists...

Also my sentiments and I watched a couple of their vids. The epitome of what not to be when cruising. There’s a lot of people doing the cruising and vlogging thing and very few are worth watching.

I've not watched their videos, but when I read the news story, I was wondering what the feek they were up to, leaving a perfectly safe and stable country, with no firm destination and the high chance of not being able to enter any country, or having to sail a very long way... just cause it was cold, and not wanting to 'just live on their boat', but likely being stuck on their boat for a very long time, sailing to the North Pacific (Guam). What do you do when you get to Guam? Hang out with the US navy?

Then you guys pointed out they are vloggers. Sounds like they made a conscious decision to do something stupid so they can create a crisis and sell more videos (or what ever vloggers do).

The whole interaction with the Tongan Navy an Minerva sounded perfectly fine, I couldn't really see what the issue was. Unless you desperately want an issue to make an episode for you vlog.

A small article that contains an update on the cruising family that left NZ because winter was too cold. Also shows they are not the only idiots out there showing no respect for local rules or peoples lives. I do hope they are not allowed back into NZ.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/419580/trio-detained-after-sailing-from-new-caledonia-to-solomons

On 14/07/2020 at 8:06 AM, Elenya said:

A small article that contains an update on the cruising family that left NZ because winter was too cold. Also shows they are not the only idiots out there showing no respect for local rules or peoples lives. I do hope they are not allowed back into NZ.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/419580/trio-detained-after-sailing-from-new-caledonia-to-solomons

The Solomons case is not the same family; nothing to do with them.
Zatara did go to Fiji (via a short stop at Minverva) and is still in Fiji, will be a few months yet.
Many boats wait out the cyclone season in Fiji.